Xbox is a popular gadget among gamers developed by Microsoft. To play online games on Xbox One and Xbox 360, you need to have a verified email address registered with Xbox Live.
Xbox Live is an online service that allows gamers to play online games and compete with others. But, many Xbox Live users have reported a particular issue while trying to create a new Microsoft account. This issue is called the Xbox Live error code 8015402b.
Constantly facing this issue might be very frustrating and can ruin your gaming experience. Thankfully, there are some easy hacks that you can follow to resolve the issue.
In this article, we will let you how to tackle this error on your Xbox Live and keep playing without any interruption.
What Is Xbox Live Error Code 8015402b?
Whenever you try to create and use a non-Microsoft email account on your Xbox Live console, you face this error. It also generates an error message that says “The e-mail address associated with the MSA has not been verified”. This is also famous as error code 8015402b in technical terms.
What Causes This Error?
You can face error 8015402b on your Xbox Live console whenever you do any of the following tasks:
- Use a non-Microsoft email address such as Google or Yahoo on your Xbox gaming console.
- Add a new family member to your Microsoft family on Xbox Live.
How To Fix Error Code 8015402b On Xbox Live?
We know how annoying it is when your online game is continuously interrupted by an error code. So, it is necessary to get rid of this Xbox error as soon as possible. There are some specific steps, which can fix this repetitive error.
Now before you proceed with the solutions you need to do certain things:
- Verify your email ID
- Use a Microsoft account.
Once you are done, follow any of the solutions listed below:
Method 1: Delete and Download Your Profile Again
If you are facing error 8025402b on Xbox Live, try to delete and redownload your profile. To do this, you have to go through these steps:
Delete the existing profile that you have on your Xbox console. Now, click the “Guide” button on your gaming controller.
Go to the “Settings options” and click on “System Settings” from there. Select “Storage Options”.
Then, locate the “All Devices” option and select your “Gamer Profile”. Next, choose your Gamertag and click on it to delete from Xbox Live.
Be careful before selecting the “Delete Profile” option. This will remove only your gaming profile but, all your games and achievements will remain unaffected.
Method 2: Clear System Cache
Another effective way to fix the Xbox Live error code 8015402b is to clear out the system cache. You can do this by following these steps on your Xbox:
- Hit the “Guide” button on your Xbox gaming console. Follow the steps in the previous method and click on “Storage Options”.
- You can now click on the Memory option and access any storage device. Now, press the “Y” button on your gaming controller. This will highlight that particular storage device.
- However, you must remember that no matter which storage device you choose the cache from, all the devices will be removed.
- Now, click on “Clear System Cache”. It will then prompt your device to flush out the previously stored cache from the system.
Method 3: Confirm the Non-Microsoft Email Address
This is one of the most effective solutions to troubleshoot error code 8015402b. Its purpose is to verify your account through the email that you have provided for Xbox Live. This is something that you should do while opening the account in the Xbox console. If you had skipped it before, you should verify it now to get rid of the error code.
To verify your profile, a proper email will be sent to you by Microsoft. If you don’t find it in your mailbox, check the Junk Folder.
You should make sure that you have provided them with an authentic and existing email address. Now click the “Resend Email” option in your mailbox.
Sign in to the email account that you provided with Xbox Live. Also, check for emails sent by the Microsoft team.
Carefully, follow the instructions as shown on the screen. Then, go back to xbox.com and sign in once again. Finally, sign up with your Microsoft email account and see if its generating error 8015402b.
What to do if you can’t Confirm the Non-Microsoft Account?
Sometimes, it might happen that you would not be allowed to access your non-Microsoft account. In such a situation, you will need to create a new Outlook account. To do this, you should follow these steps:
- On your Xbox app, go to the “Social” menu.
- Under the tab of “Xbox Live”, you have to select the “Join the Fun” option.
- You will find a page asking you to sign up for a new account. Create a new account and click on “Sign Up”.
- Remember that, you have to provide a Microsoft email address while creating a new account. Finally, your account will be created. This will successfully remove error 8015402b from your Xbox.
The solutions we have provided here are simple, easy and effective for troubleshooting Xbox issues. If your Xbox is plagued with error code 8015402b, you can try these out before rushing to a professional. We hope these hacks will help you to resolve this specific problem. To share your feedback on the solution that fixed Xbox Live Error Code 8015402b, you can use the comment section.