In this era of advanced technology, we often need to update the Operating System to its latest version. But, the users of the Windows 10 OS often face the Windows update error 0x8024a105 while trying to update the Operating System to the newest version.
There are several reasons behind this error.
Due to the unfinished installation you can find the issues in the Windows update and thus, meet with this error.
Furthermore, if you delete any essential applications or programs accidentally from the system, then you can also face this issue.
If you are stuck with the same error, then nothing to get annoyed about this. Here in this post, you will know some easy methods which can help you to troubleshoot this error. Therefore, you are recommended to have a look at the guide given below. So, let’s start.
Easy Hacks to Troubleshoot the Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a105
There are a lot of ways to fix this error. You should perform all the methods one-by-one to check which fits appropriate for you. Hence, stick to the methods given below:
Fix 1: Run Troubleshooter
Before going to implement any complicated solution, you should try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to check if it can fix the problem or not. Here are the steps you should follow to run the Windows troubleshooter:
- In the beginning, invoke the Start Menu.
- Now, type “Troubleshoot” in the search bar of the Start menu. Press the Enter to proceed further.
- It will navigate you to the Troubleshoot window. Tap on the ‘Windows Update’ option to expand it.
- Now, tap on the ‘Run Troubleshooter’ option.
- It will start the scanning process and try to detect the problem.
- Afterward, you have to fix the problem by following the on-screen guidance.
Now, restart the system to save the changes and try to update the Windows to check whether the error has been solved. If the problem persists, then go to further solutions.
Fix 2: Clear the Software Distribution Folder and Reset it
By clearing the Software Distribution Folder and resetting it you can also fix the Windows update error code 0x8024a105. Software Distribution Folder is an in-built Windows Update Component. So, you can easily reset it by performing the steps as follows:
- First, hit the “X” and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard and select the Command Prompt (Admin) from the list of the menu. Else, you can also open a Command Prompt by going to the Start menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, you have to type the commands given below and run them by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard:
1st: net stop bits
2nd: net stop wuauserv
3rd: net stop appidsvc
4th: net stop cryptsvc
- Now, you should navigate to the folder ‘C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.’ Then, remove the entire content from the system.
- Again, return to the Command Prompt window and type commands given below. Hit the Enter to execute them:
1st: net start bits
2nd: net start wuauserv
3rd: net start appidsvc
4th: net start cryptsvc
After that, you have to restart the system. Now, check if the error still appears or not. If the error is still unresolved, then move on to further fixes.
Fix 3: Reset the Catroot2 Folder
According to some users, they have fixed the Windows 10 update error 0x8024a105 by performing a fresh reset of the catroot2 folder. Here are the steps you should perform to do this:
- First, go to the Start menu.
- Type, “cmd” in the search field.
- Right-click on the search result and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list.
- As a result, it will start to run the Command prompt with admin privilege.
- Now, type the commands given below and hit the Enter after each command to run them:
1st: net stop cryptsvc
2nd: md %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old
3rd: xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
4th: net start cryptsvc
- After that, you have to delete the Catroot2 Folder from the system.
Now, restart the system and try to update the OS to check if the problem has been resolved or not. If you see that the issue persists, then you should perform the next procedure.
Fix 4: Find the Corrupted System Files and Fix Them Using DISM Tool
You can also face this issue due to the presence of damaged system files of your computer. Hence, you should try to run the DISM tool to solve the problem. DISM is an in-built tool of Windows OS that helps the user to scan the system. It has also the efficiency to fix them by itself.
How do you Run DISM Tool?
- First, hit the Windows Key and “X” both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Then, select the Command Prompt (Admin) from the list and open it.
- Next, you have to type the command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” on the Command Prompt window. Then, press the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- Now, the DISM will start to scan the entire system for the problem and fix them by itself.
After that, you need to restart the computer to save the changes. Then, try to run the update to check whether the error has been fixed. If the error is still not fixed, then you should perform further ways described below.
Fix 5: Customize the Windows Update Settings
By customizing the Windows update settings, you can also solve this error. To perform this, you should execute the steps provided below:
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, tap on the Settings icon.
- Go to the ‘Update and Security’ category.
- Then, tap on the Advanced Option.
- Tick the box that prompts ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.’
- Tap on the ‘Delivery Optimization’ option.
- Then, you should turn the slider to ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ to turn on it.
Now, you have to restart the computer. After that, you have to try to update the Window to check if the problem has been resolved. If the error is still not gone, then go to the next solution.
Fix 6: Perform a Clean Boot
After trying all the solutions you should try to perform a clean boot to check if it can fix the error. To do this, you should have a glance at the steps given below:
- Hit the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in the Run box and tap on the OK button.
- It will navigate you to the System Configuration utility window.
- Go to the Services Tab.
- Tick the box that prompts ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.’
- Hit on the ‘Disable all.’ Save the changes by clicking on the OK button.
Now, you should check if the error has been fixed.
In the above post, we have described some of the possible ways to fix the error code 0x8024a105 during Windows update. It is our hope that if you properly implement the above-mentioned procedure, then it will surely assist you to put an end to this error.
Sometimes, it becomes difficult to perform all the above ways by yourself. Or if you face any kind of trouble while performing the above steps, then you can connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your doubts and valuable feedback through the comment section given at the end of this guide.