Windows error code 0x8024402c is one of the frustrating messages which the users get while updating their Windows OS. If you are worried about the error code and searching for the methods to get rid of it immediately, then you must go through this article. This is because from this article, you will get to learn all the methods completely with the application of which many of the users have got an effective result in solving the error 0x8024402c.
Error code 0x8024402c can really mess up with your system, if not resolved quickly. Due to the error, you may face that the Windows Defender tool on your device stop working and thus, the problems of security arise. This error code will let your PC or laptop go painfully slow.
Methods to Fix Error Code 0x8024402c Windows 10 Now
There are several methods detected by the experts by which you can resolve the Windows error code 0x8024402c. Try the methods one after the other as arranged below. If you are lucky, then after trying the first method only, you will get the problem fixed. However, after trying the first method, if still, the error persists, do not be afraid and try with the next of the methods.
Method 1: Delete All the Entries Under Exceptions
The first and the most effective method to fix the Windows error code 0x8024402c is that you need to delete all of the content present under the Exceptions box. And the full method that you need to follow to perform this method are as below:
Step 1: Launch the Control Panel and Set the View by into Large Icons
Firstly, open up the Control Panel window. There are several ways by which you can perform it and are as follows:
Way 1: Tap the Windows button along with the letter “R” to get the Run bar window open, (Win+R). After that, on the Run bar type control. Next, click on the OK button. That’s all to perform to open Control Panel using the Run bar window.
Way 2: Press down the Windows button, to activate the search bar. Then, on the search bar type control. And lastly, from the search result select the Control Panel option, to open the window.
After you open the Control Panel window, now ensure that the View by section of this window is set as Large icons. In case, if the View by is not set as Large icons, then you need to visit the drop-down menu list for availing the View by option, at first. After that, select the Large icons option from the list.
Step 2: Go to Local Area Network (LAN) Settings
Now, under the Control Panel window, you will get an option as Internet Options, click on it to continue the method. Further, go to the Connections tab of the Internet Properties window. Next, click on the LAN settings button, that is present at the right-hand side of the Internet Options window. This will get you the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window open on the screen.
Step 3: Modify The Proxy Server Settings
Then, you need to enable the checkbox for Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections), that you get under the Proxy server section. On doing this, the Advanced button of this window gets active, click on it to continue.
Now, under the Proxy Settings window, you will get a section named as Exceptions. If any entries are present under Exceptions, then remove that, by simply selecting the entries. To select the entries you need to click on the Exceptions field at first, and then tap both the Ctrl and the letter “A” key. Once, you select the whole entries that are present under the Exceptions field, tap the Backspace key to remove them. Next, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Alternatively, you can also uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox, to disable the option.
After applying the said changes, close the open windows and then continue with the steps below to get the error solved.
Step 4: Reset Proxy and Restart the Windows Automatic Update Service
Further, tap the Windows button to activate the search bar. Then, on the search bar type cmd. Next, from the search result, go to the cmd/ Command Prompt item, and right-click on it. After that, from the menu window click on “Run as administrator”, this will open up the Command Prompt window with administrator privileges. In case, if you visit the UAC window open after you click on “Run as administrator”, then you need to enter the password for the continuation purpose of this method.
On the Administrator: Command Prompt window, you need to type the commands as listed below. Press the Enter button after each to execute them:
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
And lastly, reboot your computer. After that, try to update your PC manually, to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Many of the users are searching for the “how to update Windows?” process, click here to learn.
Method 2: Modify the DNS Server Address
After deleting the entries under Exceptions, if still, the Windows error code 0x8024402c persists, then try to modify the DNS server addresses to fix the problem. And the steps you need to forward to modify the DNS server address are as below:
- At first, tap the Windows key along with letter R to open up the Run bar window (Win+R).
- After that, on the Run bar type control.
- Next, click on OK/ hit the Enter button. This will get you the Control Panel window open.
- Then, check the “View by” portion of the Control Panel window, that is present near the top right-hand corner. Is it set as Large icons or not. To set the “View by” into Large icons you need to the drop-down menu for View by, at first and then select Large icons option from the menu.
- Now, under the Control Panel window, select Network and Sharing Center.
- After that, click on Change adapter settings from the left-hand side panel. This will present you the list of the types of network on the next window.
- From the available options, right-click on the network device you are using.
- After that, from the menu window, select Properties.
- Further, under the Network Properties window, get the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) item and click on it.
- Next, click on the Properties button.
- Then, as the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window gets open, enable the checkbox for Use the following DNS server addresses. And set the following information in the according to fields as stated below:
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- And lastly, click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Now, restart both your PC and the network device, to get the full effectiveness of this method.
- Hopefully, as both the devices turn on, you will get the problem resolved.
All these are the effective methods to apply to resolve the Windows error code 0x8024402c. Hopefully, if you have gone through the full steps of the methods, you will not face any problem in performing them.
By performing the above-described methods the Windows Defender error code 0x8024402c can also be resolved. So, hope for the best and try the methods.