Windows error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016 is a common problem for users. If you are getting the error notification 0x800704dd – 0x90016 while updating the Windows Operating System, then, you should not panic. There are numerous fixes that can help you to get rid of this error.
There are various reasons which might provoke error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016. But, in most of the cases, the problem appears when you try to install or update the Windows Media Creation Tool without administrative authorities.
Sometimes, the error can also occur because of a conflict with security software or due to the hardware issues.
In this article, we have provided all the possible fixes that can help you to resolve error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016. So, go through the entire article to know all the effective solutions that can help you to resolve the problem.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0x800704dd-0x90016 Easily?
If you are in trouble with Windows error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016, then this article will help you. Here, know about all the potential solutions and try the methods that we have presented to fix the problem easily. So, let’s begin with the solution part.
Fix 1: Use the Hidden Administrator Account
You can get rid of the trouble while using the hidden administrator account. These steps will help you to do so.
- At first, press the Win key + X at the same time from your keyboard. Then, a pop-up will appear on the screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the appearing list of results.
- After that, type the following command and hit the Enter button:
net user administrator /active:yes
- Thereafter, the hidden account will be activated on your computer. Log out from the account that you were using.
- Then, run the upgrade and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Turn off the Network
The problem with Windows 10 error code 0x800704dd-0x90016 resolves by disabling the Network. You can follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, move on to the right-hand side of the taskbar and select the Network icon. Then, choose the Open Network and Internet settings option.
- Then, click on the Change adapter options.
- After that, right-click on the Network you are using and click on the Disable option.
- Thereafter, run the Upgrade and turn on the Network by clicking the Enable option.
Fix 3: Run a Clean Boot
Sometimes, the third party applications may interfere with the Windows 10 installation. And this can cause the error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016. You can resolve this problem by performing a clean boot on your computer. Here are the steps to do so:
- At first, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Win key + R button from your computer.
- Then, write msconfig in the dialog box and click on OK or press the Enter button from the keyboard.
- After that, the System Configuration Window will appear on the screen. Then, move the cursor to the Service tab and verify the Hide all Microsoft services option. Select the Disable all button.
- Thereafter, move on to the Startup tab and open the Task Manager option. Then, the list of applications will appear on the screen.
- Turn off the Startup applications.
- You can do it by right-clicking on the applications one by one from the list of results and then click on the Disable option.
- After that, go to the System Configuration Window and click on the Apply button. Select OK to save all the changes that you have made.
- Now, restart your computer.
Fix 4: Disable the Security Software
The error might appear due to a conflict with security software. So, you can get rid of the trouble by disabling the antivirus. Here is the procedure to disable the antivirus;
- At first, choose the security software that you want to disable. Open the application.
- Then, click on the Settings option and select the Troubleshooting option.
- After that, disable the software by following the onscreen guidance.
- Now, verify the system to see if the error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016 is resolved or not. If the problem still appears in your system, then you should move on to the next method.
Fix 5: Perform the Windows Update Troubleshooter
If none of the methods from the earlier part of the article help you to fix the error, then you should use the Windows Update troubleshooter. The following steps will help you to perform it.
- At first, open the Settings application by pressing the Win key + I.
- Then, move the cursor to the Update and Security option and click to open it.
- Thereafter, click on the Troubleshoot option from the left-hand side of your computer screen. And click on the Windows Update button from the list of results.
- After that, click on the Run the troubleshooter option and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the task.
- Now, try to update the Windows 10 Operating System again and verify if the problem still persists in your computer or not.
Summing it up
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible fixes that can help you to get rid of Windows error code 0x800704dd – 0x90016. Try the steps that we have mentioned through. If you face any difficulties while performing the steps, it will be q decision to seek expert assistance.