Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e is one of the most prominent problems that are often encountered by Windows users while trying to boot up Windows. Basically, this error code occurs if the boot configuration data is corrupted or damaged.
Sometimes, if the fast startup feature is turned on, then also you may get this error code on the system. Apart from that hardware issue, disk error and driver problem can also responsible for this error. Many users have reported that they get this error code on their system and want to solve this issue as soon as possible.
If you are one of them who are looking for the solutions, then you are in the right place. Here in this guideline, you will get to know the easiest ways which can instantly solve this error on your computer.
Amazing Solutions to Troubleshoot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e:
Before starting any solutions, at first, you should reboot the system. After rebooting the system, check whether the error code is still there or not. If yes, then you will try another solution.
In the section below, we are going to discuss some easy solutions which will help you to get rid of this particular problem on your computer. Perform these solutions accordingly which are instructed below:
Solution 1 – Rebuild BCD Registry Hive
The corrupted or damaged boot configuration data can also sometimes cause the Windows error code 0xc00000e. So, you have to fix this issue by rebuilding BCD. If you want to know how can you perform this solution, then go through the steps cited below:
- At first, insert the Windows 10 bootable media disc into the Disc port and then restart the system.
- After restarting the system, you can see the Boot menu will appear. Now, you can press any key.
- Next, select the Repair your computer and then click on the Troubleshoot button on the Choose an option list.
- From the Troubleshoot window, select the Advanced Options and then choose the Command Prompt button.
- From the Command Prompt window, type the following command such as bootrec /FixMbr, bootrec /FixBoot, bootrec /ScanOs, bootrec /RebuildBcd and then press the Enter button after typing each command.
- Once it is executed, restart the system and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 2 – Use Windows in-built Automatic Repair
This is one of the most reliable solutions that we have provided to eliminate this problem on the system. You just need to use the Windows in-built Automatic repair tool. To perform this solution, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, enter the Windows installation disc.
- In the Windows Setup page, select the Next button and then select the language, time and keyboard input.
- After that, select the Repair your computer button which is present at the bottom left corner. Now, you can see the Choose an Options window will occur.
- From that window, choose the Troubleshoot button. In that section, click on the Advanced options section. After that, select the Automatic Repair button and then select your computer. Now, you will find that the Automatic repair process has begun.
Once the process gets finished, restart your PC and then check if the error code still appears or not.
Solution 3 – Run CHKDSK Utility to Verify Disk Error
This solution will assist you to ensure that there is no problem on your computer hard drive. If the hard disk is in problem, then you can get this error code on the system. So, we will utilize the Windows CHKDSK tool. This is an inbuilt tool of Windows. To run the CHKDSK tool, follow the steps given below:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows button and X key to launch the WinX Menu list and then select the Command Prompt(Admin).
- Type chkdsk C: /f in the Command Prompt window and then press the Enter button.
- After executing this command, restart the machine.
Solution 4 – Disable the Fast Startup Feature
By disabling the fast startup feature, you can also resolve the error code 0xc00000e Windows 10 boot camp. Sometimes, this error code arises if this feature is enabled on the system. So, you should disable it. To turn it off, follow the steps cited hereunder:
- Press the Windows key and R button to launch the Run window. Type Control Panel and then select the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Power Option section.
- In the Power Option window, go to the left side menu list and select the Choose what the Power button does button. After that, select the Change settings that are currently unavailable button.
- On the right side window, go to the Shutdown settings box and select the Turn Off Fast Startup button. After that, select the Save Changes button to save it.
Solution 5 – Repair the Damaged System Files
If the previous solutions did not work out, then you can use this solution to eliminate this error code on the system. Sometimes, if the system files are missing, then you may see the Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e.
Run the DISM tool which helps you to identify and recover corrupted files with the accurate ones. If you do not know how can you perform the DISM tool, follow the under mentioned directions:
- Open the Search box, type cmd in it and then right-click on the search result to launch the list. Select the Run as Administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- After the scanning process completes, reboot the system.
Solution 6 – Boot Windows into Safe Mode
An alternative solution that you can use on your computer to fix this error is to boot the Windows into Safe mode. In order to resolve this issue, follow the instructions which are mentioned below:
- Insert the bootable disc and then restart the system.
- After restarting the system, click on the Repair your computer button. Now, you can see that the Choose an Option window will show up.
- In the Choose an option window, find the Troubleshoot option, select it. After that, choose the Advanced Options from the Troubleshoot window.
- From the Advanced options window, select the Startup Settings button and then restart the system.
- Now, you need to press the F4 key to start the system into Safe mode.
We hope that this article will help you to get rid of the Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e. Therefore, carefully go through this article and perform these steps one-by-one on your computer to fix this error immediately.
However, if the issue still persists, then you can seek help from a professional for better assistance.