Troubleshoot Twitch Error 5000 With Immediate Effect
Twitch is one of the world’s largest live streaming platforms. Users can enjoy the live video games, e-sports, broadcasting of music and real-time streaming on Twitch platform. The content on this site can be viewed live or you can watch video on demand.
But, many users have been reporting a problem known as Twitch error 5000 while streaming any video. Some have reported the issue just after starting the streaming. Due to this error, the screen goes blank with a buffering sign in the player.
For some users, the error 5000 Twitch appears only on a specific browser. Whenever they open the same site on another browser, the video is playing smoothly. This is an indication of the Twitch error code 500.
There are certain causes due to which the error message appears on your browser. Don’t worry, as we have come up with some effective solutions to fix the Twitch problem.
Causes Behind Twitch 5000 Error
Out of the many errors on Twitch, this error is the most irritating one. It can smash your enjoyment whenever you want to stream live videos on Twitch. We have found some issues that may cause the “5000: Content not available” message, showing up as an error.
This error mainly occurs due to some malfunction in the web browser. You may hear about plugins or add-on of a browser. Sometimes, malicious plugins get installed in your web browser accidentally or some programs force you to install them. Some specific plugins can trigger the error in the Twitch player.
Besides that, the presence of cookies and cache in the web browser might be responsible for this issue. When the flash is disabled on the main site, it can end up displaying the Twitch error 5000 continuously.
In some cases, flushing the DNS cache can resolve the problem. But, you can try a few troubleshooting tips discussed here.
Get Rid Of Twitch Error 5000 By Following These 4 Methods
If you are stuck on the Twitch player screen that says “5000: Content not available”, you need to take immediate steps to get rid of this error. In this section, you will get the answer to the question “how to fix Twitch error 5000”. Hence, you can follow the methods and fix the bug causing the error.
Method 1: Remove the Plugins from the Browser
In some cases, just by disabling and removing some specific plugins, it can resolve the error immediately. Not all, but, there are certain plugins available online, which may create such errors in the browser. We suggest a general process to remove plugins for all browsers.
So, how do you do it?
- Click on the three dots aligned vertically on the top right corner of the browser window. It can be three lines instead of dots in other browsers.
- Select “More Tools” and choose “Extensions”. In some browsers, you can see options like add-ons or plugins as well.
- In the plugins window, you will find the plugins/add-ons that are installed in the web browser.
- You will have the option to disable and remove those unnecessary plugins and extensions. So, click on the “Disable” option and restart the browser.
- Open the plugins window again and delete those add-ons
Now, try to open the page and see whether the error 5000 Twitch persists.
Method 2: Clear Cookies and Cache from the Browser
Cookies and cache help the web browser to store important data so it can open the page with a decreased loading time. But, sometimes corrupted cookies and cache are the causes behind errors like Twitch error 5000. In that case, you need to remove the cookies and cache for accessing uninterrupted Twitch videos.
To do so, follow these steps:
Go to the browser settings by clicking on the three dots or lines placed on the top right corner of the browser window.
You need to go to the “Advanced settings” tab. In some browsers, you have to scroll down to find the option.
Look for the “Clear Browsing Data” option and tap on that. Check “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
Make sure you have selected the time range as “All time” or “From the beginning”. Now, click on “Clear data” and wait for a while to complete the process.
This will clear all the web cookies and cache files from the browser and also bring smoothness in its performance. We hope this will help you to eliminate the error from the Twitch website.
Method 3: Enable Flash in the Browser Settings
Sometimes, it is seen that the flash is disabled for some specific sites or all websites in the browser settings. This can obstruct the process while playing any videos and flash files on any web page in the browser. Enabling the settings can solve the problem easily. So, follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the flash in the web browser.
- To enable the flash only for the Twitch site, you need to click on the padlock icon placed just before the website address.
- Now tap on “Site settings”. This will let you open a new window, where you get to see many options under “Permissions”.
- Look for a puzzle piece icon, next to which the “Flash” option is placed. Now, click on the dropdown next to “Flash” and choose “Allow”.
- Close the window and reload the Twitch page again.
You can follow the same process for other websites, where the Flash program is a reason behind video playing. It is recommended to check if any site is blocked in the Flash settings of the web browser. This will allow you to run Adobe Flash on all pages on Twitch site and other sites as well. It may fix the Twitch error 5000 immediately.
Method 4: Flush DNS Cache
DNS is a very sensitive service on the computer system that enables you to establish a connection between a site and the server. Sometimes, this DNS may be corrupted and disrupt while connecting to the Internet. In this method, you will get to know the steps to clear the DNS cache.
- Open the Start menu and right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Choose “Run as administrator”. A new window “Administrator: Command Prompt” will open. Click on Yes, when “User Account Control” will prompt.
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” next to “C:\Windows\system32>”. This will flush the DNS cache out of the System.
- Now, access the website and see whether the error 5000 in Twitch is fixed.
These are the best four methods to fix error code 5000 on Twitch. By applying any of them, you can resolve the error message appearing on the browser screen. We hope you get the answer for which you have landed on our website and investing your precious time reading this article.