How To Fix Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f | Easy Solution
Despite its advanced features and exceptional innovations, Toshiba laptop users are recently experiencing some unusual situation.
Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f is one such common error code that occurs due to certain issues with Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
You may notice an error message along with it, which suggests your computer requires a repair. Thereafter, it offers a bunch of suggestions as well.
General Causes of Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f
To make the troubleshooting easier for you, we have listed some probable causes that may result in this error.
Missing or Corrupted Boot Configuration Data (BCD)
It usually occurs during BCD configuration due to disk write errors. But, boot sector viruses or power outages can also trigger it.
Corrupted or Faulty HDD data Cable
You may face this error due to any faulty HDD data cable. As the quality of HDD data cable deteriorates with time. So, this may be the reason for causing the Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f as well.
File System Integrity
You may also face such error if the system file is damaged for some reason. This usually occurs while writing any important data for the boot sector.
Various other reasons can also generate this error code. But, let’s discuss some effective fixes considered by Toshiba laptop users to eliminate error 0xc00000f.
Fixed: Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f
Hopefully, now you got a clear conception regarding the causes behind such error. Thus, if your system is corrupted with this error code 0xc000000f, follow this segment for a quick resolution.
Solution 1- Detach Connected Devices
The most typical reason behind this error is related to the USB or other devices connected to the system’s ports. Therefore, detach any connected device and see whether it resolves the issue. Make sure to restart the system after disconnecting the devices.
Solution 2- Check Your Hard Drive
Many times, such errors can arise due to computer hardware. Hence, ensure whether the hardware of your computer is generating this issue. If this is the case, run the CHKDSK tool and scan the hard disk.
- Insert the installation CD/DVD into the drive and restart the system. After that, configure the language, date, time, keyboard, etc. as per your preference. Then select the Operating System on your computer you want to repair.
- Now, go to Windows Installation Drive C:\ > Next.
- Upon doing so, a System Recovery Options screen will appear. So, run the Command Prompts and then type the command listed below:
chkdsk C: /f
Now hit Enter and check whether Toshiba laptop is still displaying error code 0xc00000f.
Solution 3: Use the bootrec.exe Tool
Besides, you can also use the inbuilt bootrec.exe tool to get rid of this error message. To execute this solution, you have to use a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB. Now, follow the steps cited below:
- Reboot your system and then utilize a bootable DVD/USB for booting it.
- If you get prompted for pressing any key, press a random key from the keyboard.
- Now, choose the language, time, currency and keyboard accordingly and then click on the Next button.
- Choose the Operating System for repairment and click on the “Next” button again.
- Launch the Command Prompt, type “bootrec.exe” and then hit the Enter key. On doing this, it will start rebuilding the BCD.
- If rebuilding the BCD does not work for you, delete the old BCD and rebuild it again. This will provide you a new Boot Configuration Data. To do so, type the following commands within the command prompt and hit the Enter button.
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
attrib bcd –s –h –r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
Hopefully, after executing this command, you won’t come across the laptop error again.
Solution 4: Make an EFI Partition
If your EFI partition is missing, you can make a new one to fix this issue. For that, you require a Windows Installation media and free disk space of 200 MB.
- First, go to Command Prompt and type the following commands. Make sure to hit Enter after each command.
select disk 0
Select Partition 1
Make sure the partition that is selected consists of a minimum of 200 MB free space.
- Now, type “shrink desired=200 minimum=200” within the Command Prompt and then press Enter. Then type the following command and hit Enter after each step:
create partition efi
partition 2 (Make sure that the 200MB partition created above is partition 2)
So, write list vol and then hit Enter. By doing so, you will be able to see the list of volumes. Also, note down the volume of 200 MB size partition.
- Type “Select vol 3” and then hit the Enter key (if the volume no. of the EFI partition noted down earlier was 3). Thereafter, type “assign” and hit the enter button again. Write list vol and press Enter again to recognize the Letter given to 200 MB EFI partition. You should remember the drive letter.
- Also, write the drive letter that involves your Windows partition. Now, you can also locate it from Boot within the Info column. In various situations, its drive letter C. So, make sure to note it down somewhere.
Finally, type the following command bcdboot “C:\Windows /l en-gb /s B: /f ALL” and hit the Enter button. Make sure that the windows driver letter is C and B in the EFI partition drive letter.
Solution 5: Repair System Through Setup Wizard
Besides, the above-mentioned solutions, you can also try repairing your system wizard. However, for applying this fix, one needs to have a bootable media as USB, Flash Driver, or CD/DVD. Follow the steps, if you have it:
- Insert any CD/DVD and then choose the Language, Time and Currency Format, and Keyword Input method from the options. Click on Next.
- Hit the “Repair Your Computer” tab from the Setup Wizard. Check if the tool can fix the error code for you or not.
So, these were some of the solutions which can fix the Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f. Hopefully, this segment has enlightened you enough.