Startup Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC For Windows 10 | Get It Fixed
The Windows Operating System has a built-in troubleshooting tool that repairs any problems automatically. If there is any problem with the in-built troubleshooter, then also you can get the error “startup repair couldn’t repair your PC”.
There are quite a lot of causes for the occurrence of this problem. Some of the usual ones are that, if the registry files get corrupted, then there you might encounter this problem. Even if some of the system files within the computer get corrupted, then there is a possibility for you to face this problem.
Further, if the boot file of the Windows 10 OS has any malfunction, then you can also get this issue. Moreover, if the “early launch anti-malware protection” option is enabled and has some malfunction, then you might meet with this issue.
Thus, you need proficient workarounds to fix the problem. This is where we can help you, so let us begin.
Simple Ways to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Problem
In this section of the article, you will get various methods that help you to fix the error “startup repair couldn’t repair your PC” in an easy way.
One: Deactivate the Automatic Startup Repair
If the Automatic Startup Repair feature is active then due to an internal problem within the computer you might encounter this problem.
Now, the best answer to resolve this problem is to disable the automatic startup repair feature. In order to do that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Windows’ logo, then click on the ‘Power’ button.
- After that, press the Shift key and then tap on the ‘Restart’ option. This action will enter into the ‘Boot Options’.
- Once the Boot Menu launches, then select the “Troubleshoot”, “Advanced Options”, “Command Prompt” respectively.
- When the Command Prompt window comes up, type in the following command and press the ‘Enter’ key: “bcdedit /set (default) recoveryenabled No”.
- At last, close the ‘Command Prompt’ window and reboot the computer. After that, check to see if this error comes up or not.
Two: Fix the Registry Issues
If the Windows Registry of the computer gets corrupted then there is a chance for you to face this problem. Now, the only solution to resolve this problem is to fix the Windows Registry of the machine. Follow these steps below:
- First, go to the above method and follow the three steps to open the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Next, within that window type in the following command: “copy c:\windows\system32\config\RegBack* c:\windows\system32\config”. After that, tap on the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, if a confirmation message comes up, then click on the “overwrite all” message and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Finally, reboot the computer and then see if this problem gets resolved or not.
Three: Boot into Safe Mode then Run DISM and SFC Commands
If some system files of the computer get corrupted, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem. Now, the best solution to get rid of this problem is to boot into Safe Mode then execute both the DISM and SFC commands.
For that to happen, follow the steps below:
- First, restart the computer and then wait for the boot screen to come up. As soon as the boot screen appears, then press the ‘F8’ or ‘F5’ key to get into the Windows Advanced Options Menu’.
- Once the ‘Windows Advanced Options Menu’ comes up, then there will be several options to start the computer.
- Among those options, choose the option ‘Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt’. At this time, the machine will initially boot into Safe Mode and then the ‘Command Prompt’ window will come up.
- Once the ‘Command Prompt’ window appears then, at first type in the command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” and then press the ‘Enter’ key to execute. This command will repair the Windows Image file.
- After that, input the following command “sfc /scannow” and then hit the ‘Enter’ key to execute it. This command will repair any problematic system file of the computer.
- Finally, boot the computer normally and then check if this issue appears or not.
Four: Repair Boot File using Command Prompt
If the boot file of the Windows machine gets corrupted somehow, then you might encounter this glitch. The best answer to resolve this problem is to repair the problematic boot file using the ‘Command Prompt’ application. Here, you will get the steps required:
- First, go to the login screen of the Windows and then press on the ‘Power’ button. After that, press and hold on the ‘Shift’ key then tap on the ‘Restart’ option, in order to enter the ‘Boot Options’.
- Now, a new page will come up that shows all the boot options. Out of those options select the ‘Troubleshoot’. Next, from a new page choose the ‘Advanced Options’.
- Next, click on the option ‘Command Prompt’. As soon as you do that then a new window having a name ‘Command Prompt’ will appear.
- Inside that window, type in the following commands one after another – “bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd”, “bootrec.exe /fixmbr”, “bootrec.exe /fixboot” and then press ‘Enter’ key after each of them. Wait for all these commands to execute fully.
- After that, run the check disk command to inspect for any errors on the main installation partition. To do that write the following commands – “chkdsk /r c:”
- At last, boot the computer and then check to see if this error comes back or not
Five: Deactivate the Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection Feature
If the “early launch anti-malware protection” option gets corrupted, then you can face the error ‘startup repair couldn’t repair your PC’. The feasible answer to solve this problem is to disable the option “Early Launch Anti-malware Protection”.
To do that, follow all the steps underneath:
- First, to select the “Advanced Options” you will have to navigate to the method four of this section and then follow the initial two steps present there.
- Now, from the page having the name ‘Advanced Options’ locate and then choose the ‘Startup Settings’ option.
- At this time, the machine will reboot and then boot into the page with various options.
- Out of all those options choose the one that says “Disable early launch anti-malware protection”.
- At last, start the computer and then inspect whether this issue reappears or not.
In order to fix the “startup repair couldn’t repair your PC” issue in Windows 10, all you have to do is follow every method carefully. Now, if you can rectify this issue or have any queries then state that in the comment section below.