Resolve Windows Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Instantly: Know The Effective Hacks
If you make an attempt to update Windows OS, there is a chance that you might encounter an error code 0x80070424. In that case, there is obviously a problem in the workstation associated with a key service termed as Windows Module Installer.
The major cause of this error is a virus. You stumble upon this Windows Firewall error code 0x80070424 when Windows Defender signifies the presence of virus such as Trojan or rootkit on Windows 7 or Vista.
Therefore, follow this informative blog to know the effective hacks to remove the Windows Firewall error code 0x80070424 in one go.
Symptoms of Error 0x80070424
The major indications associated with the above-mentioned error are:
- The error code will pop up while trying to update Firewall Settings of Windows.
- The third-party applications might stop running.
Prominent Causes Behind This Error
As far as causes are concerned, the obvious ones along with the additional ones are discussed here. Just have a look.
- Corrupted files in Windows Registry.
- The Base Filtering Engine service stops working.
You may also spot this error when you are trying to update the Windows Defender. Also, you may face this Windows Firewall error code 0x80070424 when you wish to modify the Windows Firewall settings on different versions like XP, 8.1, Vista, etc.
As a whole, this error is a serious one. So, follow the rest of the guide to know the effective hacks to resolve this annoying issue.
How to Fix the Windows Update Error Code 0x80070424?
This error comes in several forms and there are manifold ways to resolve it instantly. You can follow certain fixes that appear to be handy which we will be going to discuss here. Therefore, continue reading this guide to know the best ones as per your requirement.
Running a Registry Scan
As mentioned earlier, this error is mainly caused owing to registry issues. Thus, you need to perform a thorough scan to fix this in one go using a suitable tool.
The tool will scan the system and detect the presence of any issue inside the registry thereby repairing them instantly. It will, therefore, remove the unwanted files and entries that affect the system adversely.
Moreover, you will get additional features like inbuilt malware scanner, system optimizer, and disk defragmenter if you use a suitable tool.
Perform a Virus Scan
The other forms of error 0x80070424 indicate a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). Henceforth, it seems to be very dangerous at times leading to other problems of your PC. As a result, performing a thorough scan will identify and remove the designated PUP or malicious files.
Please take into consideration that each and every PUP is a virus. Therefore, you need to uninstall the program manually from the option labeled as Add or Remove a Program.
Using Windows Module Installer Service
In this method, you need to restart the Windows Module Installer. It can primarily be the root cause of the above-mentioned error. To perform this, just go through the under-mentioned steps.
- In order to begin the process, you need to boot the system following the administrative rights.
- After that, press the combination of Windows as well as R key. Now, write “Services.msc”. Thereafter, click on OK.
- When the loading of Service is done, you need to double-click on Windows Module Installer.
- Now, you will be presented to the Windows Module Installer Service Properties section. From that tab, set the Startup type to Manual mode. After that, press the Start button.
- Finally, click on OK in order to close the applet.
If the service doesn’t start even after following the above steps, follow the below guideline. To begin the process, you will require a system that runs on the same Operating System, language as well as the version.
- When you are in the new machine, you need to login first with the help of administrative rights.
- After that, hold the combination of Windows as well as the R key. Now, enter “regedit” and click on OK.
- When loading of the Registry Editor gets over, just follow the under-mentioned path.
- When you are in Registry Editor tab, just press the Subkey folder and then choose the Export option. After that, you just have to save the file with the name “trustedinstaller.reg”.
- You just have to copy the file to the faulty system. For this, you can adopt various ways. You can use email, USB stick or the disk which you want. When you are in the faulty system, just double-click on it and choose Yes option in order to combine the file with the registry.
- Finally, you can reboot the system and then run Windows Update when you spot this error.
Reinstalling the Windows Firewall
If the major cause of concern for Windows Defender error code 0x80070424 is the corrupted Base Filtering Engine Service, then the best possible workaround is to download and reinstall the Windows Firewall.
- After you reinstall the Windows Firewall, just press the combination of Windows and R key. Now, write “regedit” and press OK.
- Follow the below path after loading the Registry Editor.
- From that tab, you have to right-click on the Subkey. After that, choose Permissions.
- After loading of Permission for BFE applet, click on Add.
- Now, you will find a tab labeled as Select Users or Groups. Now, enter Everyone and click on Check Name. Then immediately click OK.
- This will open the Permissions for BFE applet. Furthermore, click on the option marked as everyone which is available under the Groups or Usernames tab. Now, click on the Allow box present adjacent to the Full Control tab. After that, press OK.
- Now, close all the tabs. After that, press the combination Windows as well as R key. Then, enter “Services.msc” and click on the OK option.
- When the loading of the services gets over, you just need to right-click on the Base Filtering Engine. After that, choose Restart. Finally, you can try to change the settings of the Windows Firewall.
Wrapping Things up
This article comes with the most effective hacks to resolve Windows Firewall error code 0x80070424. Henceforth, if you follow the guidelines thoroughly as mentioned here, you will easily be able to remove this error.
Also, you can check the user manual to have a quick look. Apart from this, you can write your feedback in the comment. However, if nothing works out, then see professional help. That will be your last as well as the best resort.