The outlook is one of the world’s first webmail services. But its users often face some common problems to the users and Outlook error 0x80004001 is one of them.
This error code usually appears if you fail to add the PST file in Outlook. To learn the best and the easy methods to resolve this error, study further this article.
Error 0x80004001 arises if there is anything wrong with the system files of the Windows OS. No need to worry about the error if you are studying this article.
This article will help you to gather the proper information with the help of which you can fix the problem efficiently. So, let’s proceed further to the solution part of this article.
Probable Methods to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80004001:
Here, from this section, you will get to learn the complete methods to fix the Outlook error 0x80004001 efficiently. So, check it out.
Read the methods at first, before you begin. This will accelerate you in performing the methods.
Method 1: Turn Off the Antivirus Application
The first method you can try to fix the error 0x80004001 is by disabling the antivirus software that is running on your PC.
There is a few antivirus software that does not allow to add the PST file on Outlook and thus this error arises.
Most of the antivirus software can be disabled by applying the below steps:
- Go to the antivirus icon from the Taskbar panel, and then right-click on it. Sometimes, the antivirus icon is located inside the Taskbar tray in place of the direct Taskbar window. The upward arrow symbol that is present near to the time and date section is termed as the Taskbar tray icon by clicking on it you will get the window open.
- After right-clicking on the antivirus icon from the window, select the “Antivirus Shields Control” option.
- Now, from the window, select the time period for which you want to disable the antivirus software.
- Then, click on the OK button to confirm.
- Next, retry to add the PST file on Outlook to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
To learn the steps of how to add PST file in Outlook, check the last section of this article.
In case, after disabling the antivirus software still, you are facing the error, then try further methods.
Method 2: Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Another effective way to fix the Outlook error 0x80004001 is to launch the Outlook in Safe mode. Follow these steps to open the Outlook in Safe mode:
- At first, tap on the Windows button to activate the Search bar.
- Then, on the Search bar, type run.
- After that, click on the Run option from the search result.
- Next, ensure that nothing is written in the Run bar. If you get anything in the Run bar, then using the Backspace key remove the text.
- Further, in the Run bar, type Outlook /safe. Make sure that you have left a space between Outlook and /safe.
- Then, click on OK or hit the Enter button. This will open a dialog box on the screen.
- From the dialog box, click on the Profiles tab.
- After that, allow the default settings of Outlook.
- Next, click on OK to confirm.
- Further, type your Outlook account password.
- At last, select the Accept option.
Next, retry to add the PST file on Outlook. Hopefully, this time you will not face any further issue in your Outlook account.
Method 3: Run Scanpst.exe
If the PST file which you want to add in Outlook is corrupted, then to fix this, you need to use the Scanpst.exe tool.
To perform this method, follow the steps discussed below:
- First of all, press the Windows button along with the letter E. This will get you the File Explorer window open on the screen, Win+E.
- Now, at the search bar of the File Explorer window, type scanpst.ext.
- Then, from the search result, click on Scanpst.exe.
- After that, navigate to the PST file due to which you are facing a problem to add in Outlook.
- Further, click on the Repair option from the window.
- Now, wait until the repairing process is over.
Then, retry to add the PST file on Outlook. Hopefully, this time you will not get the error 0x80004001 any further.
There are several third-party PST repairing tools available online. You can download them to use, in case the Scanpst.exe tool does not help you in solving the error or move on to the next method.
Method 4: Verify the Outlook Profile Settings
Any wrong settings of the Outlook profile result in the Microsoft Outlook error 0x80004001.
If this is the case, you need to verify the settings at first, and then correct them accordingly.
To verify your Outlook profile settings, follow the steps below:
- At first, launch the Outlook window.
- After that, click on File and then Info.
- Under the Info window, click on the Account Settings window.
- Now, verify the settings and fix them correctly to get the issue resolved.
How to Add the PST File in Outlook?
To add the PST file on Outlook, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Outlook window on the screen.
- Next, click on the File tab.
- After that, from the File menu window select “Info”.
- Then, click on the “Account Settings” option from the Info window.
- Further, click on “Data Files”.
- After that, click on “Add”. This will pop-up a window. With the help of this popping up window navigate to the PST file which you want to add.
- Next, click on the OK button of the window to confirm adding.
- At last, close the Account Settings window to complete the job.
All these are the complete information regarding the Outlook error 0x80004001.
Hopefully, you will understand and perform all the methods as it is instructed here. If you are stuck in any kind of problem while performing the methods, then you can contact a professional for help.