The Windows Defender antivirus is an inbuilt security software that comes along with the Microsoft Windows package. This security tool helps the users to protect their system from threats and viruses. Though, while providing the security protection, it tends to face certain error issues too. The Windows Defender error code 0x800705b4 is the most common issue that the users are currently facing.
Henceforth, if you are in search of the solution to fix this error code, then you can end your search in this article. Therefore, here we will study and discuss the causes and the solutions to fix the issue. Hence, you can now proceed to the next section of the article without wasting any time.
Causes that Lead Windows Defender Error Code 0x800705b4
The general causes of the Windows Defender issue can be explained with the points that are given below:
- Any conflict from third-party antivirus software can lead to this error code.
- In another case, if the Windows Firewall is not enabled or has incorrect settings, then also the issue can pop up.
- If the Windows defender Registry is corrupt, even then the error code can show up.
- Additionally, if the Windows system files are corrupt then you can face this issue.
- A recent virus attack to the system can also cause this Windows Defender error code.
Hence, these are some of the causes that can be responsible for the issue to occur. Now, we will be going to discuss the resolving hacks in order to fix the issue easily.
How to Fix Windows Error Code 0x800705b4?
After knowing the cause of the issue, we will try to make you understand the methods. So that, you can use these methods in order to fix the issue in no time. Henceforth, you can now have a look at the methods that we have discussed as follows:
Method 1: Enable the Windows Defender Services
In case the Windows Services that are linked to the Windows Defender are disabled, then you can get this error code. Therefore, you can use the steps that we have listed below:
- In the first step, press the Windows logo key to open up the Start menu.
- Now, type “services” in the search bar and then right-click on the Windows Services option from the results.
- After that, click on the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down list.
- As the Windows Services window opens, you have to locate the Windows Defender service in the list of services.
- On finding the Windows Defender service, right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Start option in order to enable the service.
- Once done, close the window. Finally, run the Windows Defender antivirus software to check if the error code occurs or not.
We hope that you will be able to fix the issue on your own. However, in case you still get to see the issue then follow the next method in the following section.
Method 2: Try to Enable Windows Firewall
According to some of the users, if the Windows Firewall is disabled then the Defender issue can occur. Hence, you have to enable it back again so that the issue can be fixed. Therefore, the steps to perform the process are mentioned as follows:
- From the Start menu open the Control Panel. Here type “Control Panel” in the search bar and then, choose the option from the results.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, you have to proceed to the System and Security section.
- On arriving at the System and Security section, navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- In the next step, click on the Turn the Windows Firewall on or off option.
- As the new window opens, check the checkbox beside the Turn on the Firewall option.
- Finally, save the settings and then restart your system.
- As the system reboots, you have to check if the Windows Defender error code still persists or not.
After following the steps above, we expect that you will be able to fix the issue easily. However, if the error code still shows up, then proceed to perform the next method.
Method 3: Disable the Third-party antivirus software
A third-party antivirus conflict can restrict the Windows Defender to function. So, you have to disable the third-party antivirus software in order to fix the error code. Hence, the steps that you can easily follow are provided below:
- Open the Run box with the help of the Windows logo key and the “R” key at the same time.
- As the Run box opens, enter msconfig and then, press the Enter key.
- Once the System Configuration window opens, click on the General tab.
- In the next step, choose the Selective Startup option.
- Now, you have to uncheck the box beside the Load Startup Items option.
- After that, proceed to the Services tab and then check the box beside the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Then, click on the Disable All button.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button in order to save the changes.
- After that, you have to restart the system and then check if the Windows Defender error code is still there or not.
So, this is how you can disable the third-party antivirus software to resolve the issue. In case you want to know other fixing methods, then proceed to the next section.
Method 4: Uninstall the Third-party antivirus software
If disabling the third-party antivirus software does not resolve your issue, then perform this method. Here you have to uninstall the third-party antivirus. Therefore, to perform the process, you can have a look at the steps that are given below:
- From the Start menu, try to open the Control Panel.
- As the Control Panel window opens, you have to search for the third-party antivirus from the list of installed programs.
- On finding the third-party antivirus software, right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- Now, follow any on-screen prompts to complete the program uninstallation process.
- As the third-party antivirus software uninstalls, restart the system.
- Once the system reboots, you can check if the Windows Defender is working or not.
In case, the Windows Defender antivirus does not work, then follow the next methods below.
Method 5: Try to edit the Windows Defender Registry files
Editing the Windows Defender Registry files has helped many users to fix the issue easily. Therefore, you can also give it a try to perform the method. Hence, the steps of the procedure are as follows:
- Again with the help of the Windows logo key and the Run key open the Run box.
- As the Run box opens, you have to type “regedit” and then, hit the Enter key.
- Once the Windows Registry Editor window opens, navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
- Now, double-click on the Disable AntiSpyware option and then you have to set the value to 1.
- Finally, click on the Ok button and then reboot your system.
- As the system restarts, you have to check if the Windows Defender error code resolves or not.
Hopefully, editing the Windows Defender Registry file will help you to fix the issue easily.
To end this article, we are here to say that these are the methods that you can follow in order to fix Windows Defender error code 0x800705b4. Therefore, try to perform all the methods in order to resolve the issue in an instant.
Moreover, we expect that you will not face any other issue while you carry out the steps. Therefore, you can use the comments section in order to get back to us for help.