The Windows error 0xc000014c is one of several error codes that you might come across.
And if you are currently facing this issue then, let us assure you that you do not have to worry. As this Windows 10 error code 0xc000014c is something that you will be able to fix up all by yourself. We have covered all the information that you are going to be able to fix that all by yourself.
The Windows Operating System is a very powerful computer Operating System. It has got all the features that you might need and it is so popular because of that. Millions of people around the world use it in their homes and offices.
But, like every other kind of technology, this one is also not totally free of all errors. And this is one of the many different error code issues. So, let us go ahead and discuss this further.
Possible Causes of the Windows Error 0xc000014c
Now, before we start discussing all the possible solutions and resolve this issue. It is very important we discuss why this error code issue is occurring in the first place.
That is going to be advantageous for you in 2 specific ways.
The first is that you are going to be able to avoid a lot of different technical glitches. These might have come your way if you did not know much about this problem.
Then, knowing about the possible causes of the Windows error 0xc000014c will make it very simple to understand the technical instructions.
In this section of the article, we have covered just that. So, have a look at it all.
The first reason that we can point at for this particular error is the presence of the corrupt system files.
Corrupt system files can come about for a lot of different reasons including malware and problematic downloads. When that happens, then the functional system files that are there gets corrupt. And will not be able to carry out the usual functions as such.
Then, that can also cause problems with the integrity of the different system files. Which is capable of directly causing the same problem.
If you have recently installed a particular hardware component on your system. And that is somehow proving to be somewhat incompatible, then that can be really problematic.
Thus it can give rise to this error code issue in your Windows 10 computer system.
Finally, if the BCD that is there in your computer system is missing, or corrupt for any reason. Then also, it can cause this problem and stop your computer from working.
And these are all the possible reasons for this particular error code issue.
How to Troubleshoot the Windows Error 0xc000014c?
Here, have a look at all the possible solutions to avert this error code. It will be best if you know what the exact issue is in your case. Because if you are aware of that, then you can go and apply the solutions for it straight away.
But, if that is not the case, then there is no problem. Just apply these steps one at a time till it fixes the problem.
Boot your Computer to the Previous Working Configuration
This is going to be a very important step that you can take to fix this particular problem. And that is to boot your computer system to the configuration which was working previously.
To do that, here are all the steps that you are going to need.
- For the first step in this process, restart your computer and while it is happening. Press down on the f8 key.
- Now when the new window comes up, look for the Last Known Good Configuration. Once you find it, click on it within the Advanced Boot Option menu.
- The computer system is now going to start automatically. And when it does, you will know that the error code issue is not there anymore.
This is going to be enough to fix the issue, but still, if it does not work properly. Then, just go ahead and work the next step.
Fix the Configuration that is Damaged
Problems with powering up the computer can cause a lot of problems. And all of that can, in turn, manifests itself in the form of this error code.
So, to fix the problem in this way, here are all the steps that you will need to take:
- To your computer, attach the Windows installation media through the USB cable.
- Now, you will have to change up the order of booting of the system with a bootable CD or DVD. In case you use a USB drive, then you will have to select the Removable Devices option.
- Then after you boot your computer from the bootable drive, click on the Repair your computer option.
- Next, go through the path Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options into the Command Prompt option. This is going to open up the Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in the following commands – bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, bootrec /rebuild. Make sure to hit the Enter key after each.
After this, just restart your computer and that is going to fix this issue once and for all.
Take Out any New Hardware from your Computer System
In case you figure out that it is the new piece of hardware that you have installed into your system.
And that is causing all the different problems that are there, then you will have to get rid of it.
If you had installed that particular piece of hardware yourself, then you can remove it on your own. But, if you have an expert, it will naturally be the more effective and hassle-free way. Then, you will also need an expert professional to take it out safely.
As, if you try that on your own, you might end up causing unnecessary damage to it.
This measure is going to solve that problem very likely, but if it does not work. Then, go and apply the next step.
Use the Chkdsk Command
The Chkdsk command is a very useful tool which you can use to fix error code issues like this.
And for using this to fix the Windows error 0xc000014c, here are the steps which you will need:
- Once again, connect the Windows Installation Media to your Windows 10 computer. You can use either the DVD system or the USB system.
- Then once you are looking at the main window for Windows Installation, look for the Repair my Computer option. As you find it on the screen, click on it.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot option. and then the Advanced Options under that. Then in the new window, click on the Command Prompt option to open up a Command Prompt window.
- When you have opened up a Command Prompt window, type in the command chkdsk C: /f /x /r. After that, hit the Enter key, which is going to start the scanning process in the system.
After the scanning process is complete, then all that you will have to do is fix up all the problems. You can do that one by one after you have identified all of that.
This is going to fix the error code problem and you will be able to use the system properly all over again.
But, if it fails to deliver the solution, then go for the step after this.
Make Use of the SFC Scanning Tool
Another very useful tool that you can have the SFC scanning tool. This you can use to fix this issue as well.
As with this tool, you will be able to pinpoint all the corrupt system files very accurately. And you will be able to fix them up from there only.
In order to do that, here are all the different steps which you will need to take:
- Connect the Installation Media system that you have for Windows 10, through the DVD or the USB system.
- Then, select the boot the PC from a bootable media option to go to the installation screen.
- Once you have opened up the screen, look for the Repair your computer option. And once you find it, click on it.
- Now, when you are in the Command Prompt window, type in the sfc/scannow command. Then, hit the Enter key after that to initiate the process of scanning for an issue.
You will have to wait for about 15 to 20 minutes or so, and the scan will finish after that.
To finish the process, all that you will have to do is just restart your computer once. And that is going to fix up the problem totally.
In the End
Now, by this point in the article, you know how to fix the Windows Error 0xc000014c issue.
But, if for any reason, none of the methods have worked for you. Then, comment below to get and try for the proper solutions once again with all the steps correctly.