Occasionally, Outlook error 0x800ccc92 occurs while sending messages. This error comes up with one of two different error notification.
Either “Sending and Receiving reported error 0x800CCC92: Your Email server rejected your login. Verify username and password in account properties” or “Receiving reported error (0x800ccc92): Your email server rejected your login.”
If you also encounter the same notification, then try to settle this as soon as possible. Until you resolve this matter, you won’t be able to send or receive any email.
Due to this error, the data of your Outlook profile becomes unreadable and inaccessible. Sometimes, Outlook also starts to freeze surprisingly.
Some Common Causes
This error occurs due to a lot of factors. However, the most possible events include incorrect Outlook configuration, damaged or missing PST files, and oversized PST file.
Failure of the STMP and POP3 Protocol in database server connection can also influence this error too.
Also, improper synchronization between the server and Outlook might lead to this error. Improper shutdown of Microsoft Outlook can be another potential cause.
How to Eliminate Error Code 0x800ccc92 Outlook?
If you ever encounter this Outlook error, then there are a few tricks you can try.
Here, we are going to mention some of the reliable methods to sort this error out. So, perform the methods in the same order as instructed.
Fix 1: Check the Login Credentials
Sometimes, entering incorrect login credentials like username and password result in error code 0x800ccc92. Thus, ensure that you have filled the correct credentials.
Re-enter the accurate login credentials and try to log in to your Outlook account.
Once you get access to your Outlook account, attempt to send an email. If you are still not able to send an email via your Outlook account, then move on to the next method.
Fix 2: Start the Outlook in Safe Mode
At first, open the Run button using Win + R menu. Enter “Outlook /safe” in the Run dialog box and click on the OK button or press the Enter key.
Once you successfully execute the above command, Outlook will start in Safe Mode. Now, try to send an email and check whether the error is gone.
Fix 3: Reset the Outlook Settings
Resetting the settings can help at times. So, try to do that:
- Firstly, open your Outlook profile and then tap on File. After that, open the Add Account box by tapping on it.
- Find the “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you find it, make sure that the option is selected. If not, then mark the checkbox.
- Now, select “Internet Email Service” and hit the “Next” button in order to proceed further.
- Thereafter, your device will show a window where you required to enter all the information to invoke the Outlook account.
- Next, navigate to More Settings and invoke the “Internet Email Server” box. Tap on the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Then, look for the option “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Tap on it and select the checkbox next to “Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server.”
- Now, hit the OK button and go to the Test Account Settings. Once you are in this window, you will be prompted to confirm the process. Just hit the OK button twice.
Fix 4: Repair the Corrupted Outlook Data Files
In order to repair the corrupted Outlook data files, download any Outlook repair tool and install it.
- Open the tool and select the “Scan” button.
- After the scanning ends, hit the Repair button.
- Lastly, restart the device. Once your device restarts, go to the Outlook and try to sen an email to verify whether the error gets eliminated or not.
After following the above methods, you can easily deal with the Outlook error 0x800ccc92. If nothing helps, then you can create a new Outlook account.
However, if the issue continues to bother you, then it is better to take expert assistance for ultimate help.