Isn’t it frustrating when you are having a performing a tedious task on your laptop and suddenly the screen starts flickering? It becomes quite an annoying experience. Same can occur with your Lenovo laptop as well.
As a regular user, Lenovo screen flickering in Windows 10 is an embarrassing issue.
The problem occurs due to various reasons which include Boot sector error and the hardware issues. The outdated display adapter is another culprit that is also responsible for generating screen frozen issue. BIOS system errors also trigger this problem quite often.
The major virus attack is also harmful to generate the Lenovo laptop screen flickering problem. However, we are going to explain the solutions and you can overcome them by applying solutions properly. For further queries, you have to consult with a professional team and fix the problem instantly.
Fix the Lenovo Laptop Screen Flickering Issue with Easy Hacks:
The Lenovo laptop screen flickering issue can be easily resolved by identifying the hardware issues at the initial stage.
In the advanced stage, you need to check the drivers and BIOS status whether the settings are correct or not. However, you can follow the methods below and fix the problem by yourself.
Fix 1: Remove the Hardware Issues
Many a time, hardware failure causes the Lenovo notepad screen flickering problem. So, verify that the physical device first and then troubleshoot them if necessary. It is also temporary but a more useful method to avoid it in the primary stage.
If any magnetic device is found near the Lenovo laptop, then immediately move it. Moreover, the presence of other electronic devices around the Lenovo device can create this kind of problem. So, keep away those powerful magnetic devices from your laptop to avoid the primary screen flickering issue.
Somes, loose cable connection causes the Lenovo screen flickering in Windows 10 quite often. So, set them tightly and check the USB port whether it has the capability to detect the cable or not. Disconnect all the cables and wires connected to that laptop and connect those again.
Fix 2: Upgrade the Display Drivers
Older versions of the graphics drivers create chipset problems that affect on accessing the Lenovo laptop. Therefore, the fastest way is to install the display adapters with the latest version. So, see below and resolve the Lenovo screen freezing issue efficiently.
- Press Windows and R together from the keyboard of the Lenovo laptop and open the Run dialog box on the display.
- Now, type “devicemgmmt.msc” in the test box of that command box and press the OK button to get the Device Manager window directly.
- Next, locate the Display Adapter from the list of several drivers on that page.
- After that, expand it and choose the Intel Graphics driver from that list.
- Right-click on that device driver and select Update Driver Software option
- Press the Yes button and confirm the process.
- After getting approval from the user, it displays another window where you get a scope to choose the Update process. Then, select the Automatic Update process.
- Next, confirm it by tapping the Next button and wait until the entire process is finished.
- Once done, you can see the message, “The graphics driver is updated successfully” and reboot the system in normal mode after pressing the Finish button.
Fix 3: Set the Boot Mode to UEFI
If the virus corrupts the display driver files, then the safest way to switch the UEFI mode. It prevents the major virus attack and runs a secure boot program. So, follow the method discussed below and fix the screen flickering problem in Windows 10 instantly.
- Restart the system in normal mode and press the F12 key from the keyboard after appearance of the Lenovo manufacturer’s logo.
- Now, you can see the Boot Mode from the appeared screen and you need to use the Tab and Up/Down arrow keys to navigate the menu options.
- However, set the Boot Mode as Legacy Support and go to the Boot Priority section.
- Then, change the priority with the value “UEFI first” and press the F9 and F10 respectively to save and exit respectively from the boot screen.
- Finally, wait until the system takes reboot after resetting the Boot section and verify whether the Lenovo screen flickering issue got fixed or not.
It is not an easy job for a non-tech-savvy person and a wrong configuration brings the harmful effect on the hard disk drive.
Even, the corrupted UEFI creates certain issues and triggers indirectly the screen regarding issue quite often. So, the best way is to consult with an expert for a secure boot.
Fix 4: Upgrade the Lenovo BIOS
After switching the boot mode, you get the same screen flickering issue on a frequent basis. It occurs only if you modify the BIOS information without updating it. Then, you need to install the BIOS with the latest version to mitigate the problem. To perform it, you can take help from the steps mentioned given below.
- Open the Lenovo Official website and search the Lenovo model in the search bar that you use.
- Now, choose the Drivers & Software section and then, click on the BIOS/UEFI by expanding the drivers.
- Next, click on the eye-scape button and try to perform the BIOS update program.
- Download the package by hitting the Download button and save it on your system.
- Open the executable file from the downloaded folder and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process successfully.
- Finally, reboot the Lenovo device and check whether the Lenovo desktop screen flickering issue got fixed or not.
Wrapping it Up…
In this article, we have defined the reasons behind the Lenovo screen flickering problem. Moreover, we have explained the effective solutions to fix them accordingly. So, we hope this content will be helpful to fix the Lenovo screen horizontal and vertical screen flickering issues with ease.
However, there are many quickest ways that will help you the most to overcome this issue permanently. But, you can’t apply those solutions like re-installation of the chipset, scan other hardware issues without proper technical help.