How to Fix Outlook Error Code 1025 on Mac
The Outlook application that executes on the Macintosh computer can give you the error code 1025. This error can come up usually if the configuration of the email is not set properly. Another name for this error is the “Invalid Mailbox Name”.
You can face this issue specifically on the Outlook 2011 and 2016 versions on Mac.
The reasons for the occurrence of this error include an outdated Outlook application and corrupted account data.
Go through this article completely and apply the methods given here to resolve this problem quickly and completely.
How to Solve Error Code 1025 in the Outlook Application?
This is the section of the article that will provide you with several methods using which you can get rid of the Outlook error code 1025 easily.
Fix 1: Delete the Outlook Account from the Macintosh Computer
If the Microsoft Outlook account present within the Apple Mac computer gets corrupted somehow, then there is a chance for you to face the error code 1025. The feasible solution to get rid of this issue is to remove the Outlook account.
In order to do that, follow the steps below. Here the steps provided are specifically for the Outlook 2016 application.
- First, locate the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ icon on the ‘Dock’ and tap on it to open the same.
- As soon as the Outlook application window comes up, go to the menu bar and choose the ‘Tools’ option.
- At this moment, a dropdown list will appear, in it, choose the ‘Accounts’ option. Now, a new dialog box with the name ‘Accounts’ will come up.
- Within this dialog box, go to the left side of it and then choose the account that you wish to remove.
- After that, move to the bottom left side of the dialog box and tap on the ‘-’ (minus) button, in order to get rid of the problematic account.
- At last, if you get a confirmation window, choose the ‘Delete’ button.
Fix 2: Create Outlook Account using IMAP Configuration
Here you will get steps on how to create the new Outlook account via the IMAP configuration. Follow the steps below.
- First, open the Outlook application on the Mac. Then, go to the menu bar and choose the ‘Tools’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a dropdown list will appear. From that list, locate and choose the ‘Accounts…’ option.
- Now, a new window with the name ‘Accounts’ will come up. In this window, under the heading ‘Add an Account’, choose the ‘Other Email’ button.
- Now, a new dialog box will come up with the heading ‘Enter your account information.’ Follow the substeps below for the IMAP configuration.
- Provide the e-mail address and then the password for the Outlook application.
- Then, put the e-mail again in the Username field. Next, choose the ‘Type’ as IMAP.
- After that, on the ‘Incoming server’ field type in the following address “imap.mail.outlook.com” and then put a checkmark in the option ‘Use SSL to connect (recommended)’.
- Next, on the ‘Outgoing Server’ field, enter the address “smtp.mail.output.com” and once again put a tick mark on the ‘Use SSL to connect (recommended)’ option.
- Change the port of the outgoing server to 465. Click on the ‘Add Account’ button.
- At last, open the new Outlook account and check whether this error is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Update the Microsoft Outlook Application on Mac
If the Outlook application for Mac is not up to date, then there is a possibility for you to face this problem. The one and only solution to rectify this problem is to perform an update to the Outlook application. The steps on how you can do it are as follows.
- First, on the desktop, choose the ‘Go’ option present at the top left corner of the screen.
- After that, from the drop-down menu that comes up, select the ‘Applications’ option.
- When the new window having a name ‘Applications’ comes up, select the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ software.
- Once the ‘Outlook’ application window appears, select the ‘Help’ menu. Now, a drop-down menu will come up, in it, select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- As soon as you click on that option, a new dialog box with the name ‘Microsoft AutoUpdate’ will appear. Inside that dialog box, choose the ‘Automatically’ radio button.
- At last, below the ‘Microsoft AutoUpdate’ dialog box, go to the right side and then select the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
Hope the fixes given here work in resolving the error 1025 in Outlook on Mac. Let us know in the comments which of the fixes were effective for you.