Solve Error 0xc0000142 Windows 10: Get All The Solutions
Error 0xc0000142 Windows 10 is one of the most annoying errors that most of the Windows users face while an application fails to properly initialize. This error code comes with an error message stating “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).”
This error code can be generated due to various reasons. Generally, this error code shows up when any third-party antivirus is installed on the system. It can also happen if there are no specific Library on the system. The DII load error is another common reason behind this issue. Apart from that, if the registry files are corrupted or missing, then you might receive this error as well.
Most of the users have reported that they find this error code while running an application on the system and they want to resolve this problem immediately. If you are searching for the ultimate solutions, then this article will help you.
Here, in this guideline, we are going to share some of the useful solutions which will help you to fix this particular problem.
Prominent Solutions to Resolve Error 0xc0000142 Windows 10
If you want to know how to fix error 0xc0000142 on Windows 10, then just go through this article carefully. There is more than one solution that you can use for solving this error code. Follow the solutions carefully which are given below to solve this glitch in a minute.
Solution 1 – Run the System File Checker Tool
By running the System File Checker (SFC) tool, you can fix the error 0xc0000142 on Windows 10 system. To run this tool, follow the steps carefully:
- At first, press the Windows button + X key to open the WinX Menu list. Select the Command Prompt (Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command and then hit the Enter button.
- Once the scanning process is completed, reboot your PC and then check if the issue still persists or not.
Solution 2 – Remove the Intel Driver Update Utility
Removing the Intel Driver Update Utility is one of the most effective solutions which you can try out to eliminate this error. You can remove it and then try to open the application. Now, the following steps will help you:
- Open the Search Panel, type “Control Panel” and then press the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel application opens, locate the Programs and Features section.
- From that section, scroll down and find the Intel Driver Update Utility, select it.
- Then, you will see the Uninstall button, click on it to remove it. Now, the removing process will begin.
- Once it is removed, restart your system.
Solution 3 – Perform the System Restore
Sometimes, you can solve this problem on your PC by performing a System Restore. To do so, follow the directions cited hereunder:
- First of all, go to the Search box, type “System Restore” and then press the Enter button from the keyboard.
- From the System Properties window, move the cursor to the System Protection tab and then you will get the System Restore option. Click on it.
- In the next window, you can see the System Restore wizard page. From that window, study the instruction carefully and then select the Next button.
- From the Next window, you need to select the restore point that you want and then click on the Next button.
- After selecting the restore point, you have to finish the restore process. Once the restore process gets completed, restart the device and then check if the application opens perfectly without any error.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the Security Software
Sometimes, the application does not open due to the third-party security software installed on the system. Because this software can block an application from opening. As a result, you get this error code on the screen. So, uninstall the antivirus with these steps:
- To launch the Settings window, press the Win + I keys together.
- Select the Apps section from the Settings window and then click on the Apps and Features tab from the left side panel.
- From the Apps and Features tab, find the Security software and then select it.
- After that, you will get an option Uninstall, click on it. Once the uninstallation process completes, you need to try to open the application that you want.
Solution 5 – Perform a Clean Boot
This is another effective solution that you should try. To perform a clean boot, follow these steps:
- At first, click on the Start icon to open the Menu list and then select the Search box. Type “System Configuration” and then press the Enter key.
- When the System Configuration window opens, navigate to the Services tab.
- From the Services window, mark on the Hide all Microsoft Services and then select the Disable All button.
- After doing this, select the Apply button and then click on the OK option to save it. Then, the PC will ask to restart the system. Select the Restart button.
Solution 6 – Run the Application in Compatibility Mode
You can try to run the application in compatibility mode and see if it works.
- Firstly, right-click on the Application icon and then choose the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, switch to Compatibility tab and then select the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter button.
- In the next window, the Select Troubleshooting option will appear. Click on the Try Recommended Settings button.
- Then, select the Test Program button. Now, the system will try to run this application with the recommended settings. If the application runs properly, then continue with your work.
- If not, then go back to the Test Compatibility Settings for the program window and select the Next button.
- In the Next window, if the program runs correctly, then select Yes, save these settings for this program. Otherwise, select the Cancel button if it does not run.
- Again, go to the Application’s Compatibility tab and mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for and then select the other Operating System from the drop-down menu list.
- Once you are done with these steps, select the Apply button and then click on the OK option to save it.
Solution 7 – Changing Command Prompt Configuration
By modifying the Command Prompt configuration, you can solve the error 0xc0000142 on Windows 10. If the Command Prompt settings are not configured perfectly, then you might get this error code. So, go through these steps and change it:
- Open the Search box, type “cmd” and right-click on the search result. Then, choose Run as Administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type for %i in (%windir%\system32\*.ocx) do regsvr32.exe /s %i and then hit the Enter key.
- It will take a few seconds to finish this process. Then, reboot the system. After that, check if the error code still shows up or not.
Solution 8 – Using the Regedit.exe
If the previous solutions do not work out, then you need to try out this one. Follow the instructions:
- Hold the Windows button and press the R key to open the Run dialog box. Type “regedit.exe” and then select the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- From the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows on the left side panel.
- On the right side panel, find LoadAppInit_DII, double-click on it. In that folder, change the value data from 1 to 0. After that, select the OK button to change the settings.
We hope the solutions mentioned in the above section will help you out with the error 0xc0000142 on Windows 10 system. All the solutions are easy, effective, and expert-approved. So, carefully read this article and perform these steps one-by-one on your PC to get rid of this error.
However, if you are having any troubles, then your only resort is professional help. Do not hesitate to contact a tech expert.