Skype releases updates on a regular basis and users update the application to avail the newer features coming with the updates. The whole update procedure, in most cases, takes less than 5 minutes. But on some occasions, the installation process fails to complete and the user encounters the Skype error 1603.
This error can get generated due to several reasons. Trying to update Skype without removing the files and registry values from the previous installation is one primary reason behind the occurrence of this error. Besides that, if you have enabled user account control, then also you can encounter this issue.
If you are frustrated with this error and looking for solutions to eliminate this glitch, you can follow this article. Here, we have provided all the possible fixes to resolve this issue in a quick and hassle-free manner.
So, go through the solutions and apply them correctly to get the error fixed in no time.
Methods to Eliminate Skype Error 1603
Mentioned below are some effective steps, which you can use to fix this Skype error 1603 very easily. So, try to follow the methods and apply the steps exactly as given. There are more than one methods given here. Just apply them one by one until the issue gets fixed.
Method 1: Modify Security Permissions
You can encounter this error if you have not set security permissions correctly. So, try to follow the steps in order to modify the security permissions.
- At first, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- In this dialog box, enter %temp% and hit the Enter button or click Ok to continue.
- Now, you will find that the temp folder will open.
- Next, go to the Local folder by clicking on the Up arrow beside the address bar.
- Now, locate the Temp folder and right click on it. Choose properties.
- After that, navigate to the security tab and click on the Edit button.
- Next, click on the Add button.
- After that, in Enter the object names column, enter Everyone.
- Click on the Check Names. Once you are done with these steps, you need to click on the Ok button.
- After that, from the Group or user names section, choose Everyone.
- Next, check Full control in the Allow column.
- Now, click on Apply and tap on the OK button in order to save the changes.
- Once you are done with these steps, try to install Skype again.
Hopefully, the error will be fixed after performing these steps. If however, the issue doesn’t get resolved, try to follow the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall Skype
You can also uninstall Skype in order to resolve this error. Try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to open the Control Panel.
- From this window, navigate to Programs & Features.
- Here, you will see the list of installed programs in your device.
- From that list, choose Skype and click on the uninstall button.
- After completing the uninstallation procedure, install Skype again and check if it shows any error.
Method 3: Run Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
You can encounter this error on Skype due to some glitch present in the installer. On that note, you can run a Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to resolve this issue. This is a handy tool of Windows 10/8/7 and can resolve this error. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Firstly, download and run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter from the official website of Microsoft.
- Now, you see a link showing “Advanced”.
- After that, check the box against “Apply repairs automatically”.
- Now, choose whether you are having a problem installing or uninstalling a program.
- After that, select the program which you want to install or uninstall.
- Click on Next.
- In case, you fail to see the program you want to uninstall, choose the “Not Listed” option.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation procedure.
After uninstalling Skype completely, try to install it again and check if it shows any errors.
Method 4: Disable User Account Control
You can also disable the user account control option to resolve this error on your device. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows Key + S at the same time and enter User accounts from the menu.
- After that, click on Change User Account Control settings.
- Scroll down the slider to Never notify.
This action will disable User account control and hopefully, resolve the annoying Skype error on your system.
The methods provided above are quite easy to follow and using them you can fix skype error 1603 very quickly. If you have any further queries related to the steps provided, you can drop your question in the comment section below. Or, you can contact an expert who can guide you in a better way.