While calling your family, friends, or colleagues, you might encounter Skype call ended error due to various possible factors. In can occur at the time of making a call or communicating with others.
As a result, you fail to complete your communication. Hence, it becomes a serious issue if you are trying to do an official communication.
No matter how annoying this problem seems to be, it is fixable with the solutions discussed in this article.
Solutions to Fix Skype Call Ended Error Windows 10 Manually:
You can make an attempt to solve the issue by the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Reset the Network Connection
It isn’t possible to call from Skype without a stable network connection. Thus, ensure that your computer is properly connected to a network.
If the network lacks a good strength or too many devices are accessing the network, then shift to another network. Then, make a call and see whether you encounter the same error or not.
Solution 2: Upgrade Skype to Its Latest Version
Update Skype to its latest version if Skype call ended error persists after resetting the network connection. So, go through the following steps to upgrade the Skype application.
- Type ‘control panel’ into the Windows search bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Click ‘Programs and Features’ on the Control Panel window and locate Skype from the list of installed applications.
- Click the ‘Check for updates’ button so that Windows can look for the pending updates.
- If Windows displays an update, then click the ‘Install Updates’ button to update Skype.
- When Windows finishes installing the update, restart the system and make a call via Skype.
Solution 3: Update Available Device Drivers
Skype call ended error might occur if your PC is running with outdated device drivers. Therefore, update all drivers and try to resolve the issue by the following steps:
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run application.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the Run application and click ‘OK’ to launch Device Manager.
- Double-click ‘Hardware and devices’ section on the Device Manager window and select a device option.
- Then, right-click on the device and select ‘Update Driver Software’ from the context menu.
- The ‘Update Driver Software’ option won’t be available if the device already has an updated driver. In that case, you need to check another device.
- Click on the ‘Search automatically for an updated driver software’ option to let Windows look for the driver.
- Windows displays an additional screen if a new version of the driver is available.
- So, tap on the ‘Download’ button to get the updated driver for the particular device.
- If Windows fails to find an updated driver, then visit the manufacturer’s website and search for such a driver.
- Repeat the same steps for installing an updated driver for other devices as well.
Solution 4: Uninstall the Antivirus Temporarily
Some antiviruses seem to be a conflicting factor for many applications including Skype. So, disable the antivirus temporarily and see whether it solves the problem or not.
- To disable the antivirus, you will need to open the Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Programs and Features’ on the Control Panel window and select ‘Programs.’
- Then, search for the antivirus, right-click on it and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Click ‘OK’ on the resulting popup to confirm the uninstallation.
- You will get a confirmation message for the successful uninstallation of the antivirus.
- Restart the PC is asked and start a Skype call.
Solution 5: Reset the Skype Application
If none of the above solutions are able to resolve Skype call ended error, then reset Skype to resolve the issue.
- At first, close the Skype application running on your PC and open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘%appdata%’ into the Run application and press ‘Enter’ to find the applications installed on your PC.
- Then select Skype, right-click on it and choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- Name the folder as ‘Skype.old’ and press ‘Enter’ to save it.
- Now, sign in to your Skype account and ensure that you can make a call without an error.
Hope, one of the solutions will let you resolve Skype call ended error permanently from your PC. If nothing works, then contact with reliable tech-savvy.