The runtime error is a common problem for Skype users. This error appears with an error message: Runtime error 216 Skype. The problem mainly appears at the time, when you are trying to load any Windows application.
There are various reasons that might cause this error. The problem mainly appears because of the SubSeven Trojan virus. Though virus infection is one of the main reasons behind this error, sometimes the error may occur due to a problem within Windows registry entry.
If you are experiencing the runtime error 216, then this guide will help you to fix the problem. Go through our guidance and resolve the problem easily.
Ways to Resolve Skype Installation Runtime Error 216
Through this article, we are going to provide you all the possible solutions that can help you to fix Skype installation runtime error 216. If you are dealing with this error, then try the methods that we have mentioned in our article.
So, let’s have a look at the highlighted methods.
Fix 1: Turn On and turn Off the Windows Automatic Update Option
You can resolve the problem by turning On and turning Off the Windows Automatic Update option. The following guide will help you to do so.
- At first, go to the Start menu and click on it. Then, click on the Search box and write down “Control Panel” and hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Then, click on the Windows Update option and check if there is an update available or not.
- If you find an update, then click on the Updating button.
- Otherwise, move on to the left-hand side of the computer screen and click on the Change Settings option.
- Thereafter, select the drop-down menu and click on the “Install Update automatically” option. This will help you to update the Operating System automatically.
- Click on the OK button to save all the changes that you have made.
Fix 2: Perform a Full Scan on the Windows Operating System
You can resolve the problem by performing a full scanning procedure of the Windows Operating System. Go through the steps to know the details.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Then, look for the Microsoft Security Essentials option and click it to open.
- Choose the Full option and select the Scan Now button to start the scanning procedure.
- Then, restart the computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Disable the SubSeven Trojan Virus from the Windows Operating System
If the problem is occurring due to SubSeven virus infection, then you need to disable it. Sub Seven has the ability to steal information from computers. The following steps will help you to remove the SubSeven Virus from the Windows Operating system.
- At first, navigate and click on the Start button.
- Type “regedit.exe” in the appearing dialog box and hit the Enter button from the keyboard. Otherwise, you can click on the OK button.
- After that, a pop up will appear on the screen click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option.
- Look for the Sub Seven option and right click on it after finding the option.
- Click on the Delete button and restart the PC and check if the Skype error 216 is resolved or not.
The Alternative Method that can Help you
If you fail to apply the previously discussed method, then here is an alternative method for you. The following steps will help you to disable the SubSeven Trojan Virus from the Windows Operating System.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the My Computer option.
- Write down “SubSeven” in the appearing search box.
- After, finding the Subseven Trojan Virus file, click on the Delete button.
- You just need to delete that folder from the Recycle Bin. This will help you to disable the SubSeven Trojan Virus from the computer.
Through this article, we have tried to provide all the possible fixes that can help you to resolve the runtime error 216 Skype. Try the steps and fix the problem easily.
If you face any trouble while performing the method, then do let us know through our comment section. If none of the methods helps you to fix the problem, then you should consult with the experts.