The Windows error code 0x8009002d hits the Windows 10 users without anything that differs from the obvious. It is not one of those errors that compel the system to freeze. However, it is really very exasperating since the only workaround is to restart the PC.
There are certain instances when the users have to undergo several rounds of a reboot for Windows 10 to get rid of this error. Experts are constantly working on certain problems that activate popup errors like BSOD, GSOD, system crash, and its related malfunctions.
The most prominent cause behind this issue can be driver failures. Alongside, corrupted entry of registries, damaged system files, third-party software are also considered to be on the top list.
However, the error code 0x8009002d can easily be fixed through suitable hacks. Follow this informative content with rapt attention to know the detailed procedure to troubleshoot this error code.
Constructive Hacks to Prevent Above Issue
Follow the under-mentioned steps to fix Windows error code 0x8009002:
Fix 1: Disable the Sleep Mode and Reset the Pin
The major cause of Windows error code 0x8009002d is associated with the password which you use generally in order to unlock the system. In order to accomplish this, you have to reboot the system and this will remove the error.
A system reboot is a temporary workaround. Therefore, when you get access to the system, you need to disable the Sleep Mode and thereby reset the PIN password again:
- In order to begin the process, just right-click on Windows key. After that, choose Control Panel.
- Now, you can choose the Power options from the available list. After that, press the option termed as Change plan settings.’
- Now, look for the Put the computer to sleep mode option. After that, you can stretch the drop-down menu and then choose Never.
- Thereafter, click on the Save Changes.
In order to reset the PIN password, you need to hold the Windows as well as the “I” key at the same time. After that, you can open the Accounts option. Now, choose the Sign-in options and obtain the PIN section. Thereafter, choose Remove.
After that, a confirmation window appears. It examines twice to make sure whether you really want to remove the PIN password. If you really want to do so, click on Remove. Now, provide the account password in order to approve the account and then click on OK.
After that, look for the Add button present under the PIN section. Click on that. Finally, enter the new PIN password two times and click on OK.
Fix 2: Remove the PIN
Although the use of PIN can enhance the security of the system, it comes with error code 0x8009002d. Henceforth, you must disable it and thereby use an authenticated one to lock the P.C. Although it might not be perfect, the home users don’t face any issue using this option.
- In order to begin, you can right-click on the Start button. After that, choose the Settings option.
- Now, hover over the Settings tab. After that, press the Sign-in-options.
- Thereafter, you need to scroll downwards in order to find the PIN. After that, choose the Remove option and thereby confirm the action.
- Finally, provide the account password and click on OK.
Fix 3: Reset the Pin
You have the option to resolve Windows error code 0x8009002d using “I forgot my PIN” option.
- In order to begin the process, hover on to the Sign-in option once again.
- After that, choose I forgot my PIN option available under the PIN category.
- Press Continue and then provide the password of the user account.
- Click on Sign in option.
- Finally, you can provide a new PIN and press OK.
How to Resolve Windows Sign in Error Code 0x8009002d on the Windows 10 Phone?
As per the user’s report, error 0x8009002d takes place on Windows handsets. Therefore, we have outlined two major solutions to prevent this issue.
Fix 1: Disable the Cellular Data
If you switch off the cellular data on your handset, you can get away with this error code temporarily. Although, it is not a permanent one but still works best in critical situations.
Fix 2: Use of Find My Phone Feature
- In order to kickstart the process, the first and foremost thing is to log in to the Microsoft Account.
- Now, pinpoint the Find my Phone feature on the device and choose the option termed as Lock.
- Then, provide the PIN and then, switch your handset off.
- Finally, switch on the device and provide the PIN.
However, if you still encounter the same issue, we suggest you to download any suitable software. If you don’t want to get stuck with the manual process, you can go with the automated one.
Wrapping Things Up
This informative user guide will surely be able to help you to get rid of this annoying issue of Windows error code 0x8009002d in one go. Just follow this informative user guide to know the detailed procedure.
Apart from this, you can use an automated tool to prevent this issue if the manual process doesn’t work. Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance of everything that is feasible. If you have any new idea, you can write that in the comment section.