After restarting your Windows device, if you encounter the Windows error code 0x490, you are not alone. Several users have reported that they are getting this error message.
The main reason behind the error is the usage of a corrupted or outdated device driver.
Besides that, you can also get this error due to the corrupted system files.
Sometimes, corrupted BCD also can be the reason to come across this error.
It does not matter, why you are getting the error when this typical error occurs, all you need is to follow this article in a proper way and resolve the matter on your own.
Fix Windows Error Code 0x490 Using 6 Amazing Hacks
Here are some effective steps which you can utilize to resolve this error quickly. Try to follow the fixes whichever looks convenient for you:
Method 1: Update Windows Drivers
In case, you are using an outdated driver, you can encounter Windows error code 0x490 with your Windows device. To resolve this error, update the drivers of your Windows Operating System, using these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the Start menu.
- After that, go to the Control Panel.
- In the Control panel navigate to the “Windows Update” section.
- Tap on it and check whether any newly latest driver update is available or not
- In case you notice it, try to update it first.
- Otherwise, you can set it as ‘automatically update.’
- For this reason, go to the left side and tap on the “Changes Settings” option there.
- Once it opens, you need to click on the drop-down menu there.
- Now, you need to choose the “Install Updates Automatically” option there and tap on the OK button in order to save this configuration.
- Once you complete this process, you need to close the tab.
If it resolves the matter it’s fine. Otherwise, you need to perform the next method.
Method 2: Perform a Clean Boot Process
A Clean booting process can also resolve this error. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the start menu and search for ‘MSConfig‘ in the search box.
- After completing the whole thing hit the Enter button to continue.
- Now, tap on the User Account Control permission and tap on the Continue option there.
- In the General tab, tap on the ‘Selective Startup‘ option.
- Under the startup tab, tap on the ‘Clear the Load Startup‘ items checkbox and tap on the services tab there.
- Make the box be checked against, “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox.
- Now, you need to tap on the ‘Disable All‘ option and tap on the OK button there.
- Once done, close the tab.
After completing this step, hopefully, you will be able to resolve this matter. If this error persists, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 3: Boot your PC in Safe Mode
In order to Boot your device in Safe Mode, try out these fixes:
- Firstly, go to the start menu.
- Now, tap on the Shutdown drop down menu and choose the restart option there.
- After that, remove the battery and reinsert it.
- Restart your PC again.
- After the restarting process, choose the safe mode option there.
- Wait for some time to restart it.
Once you restart your device, you will be able to fix this typical error on a quick note. But, if you notice this error persists, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 4: Check For Corrupted Hard Drive
Due to the corrupted hard drive, you can also encounter this typical error with your device. On that note, try out these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the Start menu and navigate to the search bar.
- In the search bar, search for cmd and tap on the most relevant search results.
- Now, you will be able to see a black box will open there with a blinking cursor.
- Type this command “CHKDSK /F “ and hit the Enter button to continue.
- Now, close the tab.
After completing this process,if you see any corrupted hard drive, you need to change it.
You will be able to troubleshoot this bug on your own. If this error persists, go for the alternative method.
Method 5: Rebuild BCD
Corrupted BCD can also be the reason, due to which you are getting this error. In that case, you need to rebuild BCD to fix this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to put the Windows installation disc into the disc driver.
- After that, you need to restart the PC.
- When prompted, you need to press a key.
- Now, Choose a keyboard, currency, time, a language or an input method as well as a tap on the Next button.
- Now, tap on the “Repair your PC.”
- Tap on the OS (Operating system) which you want to repair.
- Click on the Next.
- After that, you need to tap on the CMD (Command Prompt)
- Now, in the System Recovery Options box, type “Bootrec.exe” as well as hit the Enter button to continue.
- After completing this procedure, close all the tabs.
In case, you fail to resolve this error, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 6: Perform A Startup Repair
You can also run the startup repair tool to fix this error code 0x490 windows 10 on your own. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to insert a recovery disk or an installation disk to the CD/DVD Drive.
- Now, you need to restart and press any key when prompted in order to boot from the Installation/Recovery disk.
- Choose your Language Preference.
- After that, you need to tap on the Next button there.
- Next, tap on “Repair your Computer” option.
- Choose the OS which you want to restore.
- Now, tap on the Next button there
- Choose the “Startup Repair” option there.
- It will scan your PC and will resolve all startup issues automatically.
- To check this, tap on the ‘View Diagnostic & Repair Details.’
- Now, tap on the Finish button there, in order to restart your system.
- After completing this procedure, try to close all the tabs there.
Once you complete this procedure, you will be able to fix this error on your own.
After going through this article, you will be able to troubleshoot Windows error code 0x490 on a quick note. If you have any further queries related to the steps provided, you can leave a reply in the comments section.
In case, you fail to perform any steps you can directly contact an expert who can guide you in a proper way. Keeping all these things in mind, let’s conclude this post here and will see you in the next post. Till then stay glued with our website.