Skype is a telecommunication software that helps people all around the world to connect with each other. It is easily one of the most popularly used application. Despite having brilliant features, unfortunately, it too creates severe problems which the users often report. Skype Microphone Not Working is one of such issues.
In case you are facing the same issues with your Skype, connect with the experts to get valuable solutions regarding the glitches that you are encountering.
Fundamental Causes For Skype Microphone Not Working
You might encounter issues with your Skype microphone due to various reasons. However, the primary reasons that can make this issue happen are as follows:
- Incorrect sound card driver.
- An outdated sound card driver.
- You can also encounter this error if Skype does not have access to the microphone.
- The microphone is not selected in the Skype.
- Issues with the audio settings.
- Misconfiguration while installing the application.
If you are unable to figure out the primary reason causing the error, you can connect with the technicians by placing a call at the Microsoft Customer Helpline Number and get immediate assistance.
Effective Methods To Fix Microphone Not Working On Skype
You might encounter different Skype errors out of which Skype microphone not working is the most frequent. We have mentioned a few of the natural solutions by which you can get rid of the disturbance.
Solution 1: Check if Skype has Access
The first thing you need to perform is to check if the Skype has permission to access the microphone. This can be the primary reason behind the microphone not working. If it is disabled, perform the following steps:
- Click on the Windows key and on “I” at the same time to open the Settings application.
- Click on the Privacy option.
- Select Microphone and ensure that the option “Let apps use my microphone” is checked. Then locate for the option Skype and make sure it is tested.
- After you have done the changes, restart Skype.
Solution 2: Check if Correct Microphone is selected in Skype
You may also encounter if the microphone is not connected to Skype. Hence, make sure that the microphone is selected in Skype. In case the correct microphone is not connected follow the steps:
- Open Skype.
- Click on Settings.
- Search for the microphone option. Click on the drop-down menu and check if the correct device is connected. In case the correct device is connected try to change it to some other device and reconnect to the correct one.
- Restart Skype to check if the error resolves.
Solution 3 – Reinstalling Skype
If none of the methods mentioned above works for you, you can reinstall the app. You might encounter this error due to some misconfiguration in the current app or you did not provide necessary permission during the installation process. Reinstalling the application will reset all the data and fix the error. Make sure you download the latest version of the application. To reinstall the app perform the following steps:
- Click on Windows key and on “R” at the same time, a dialogue box will open. Type “appwiz.cpl” and then press Enter.
- Find Skype and then right-click and press on the Uninstall option.
- Locate Skype from the list of options. Right-click it and select “Uninstall”.
- Reboot the system after the uninstallation process. Now, install the app again and make sure to accept the microphone permission.
Connect With Us To Receive Experts Assistance
Are you still struggling with the Skype microphone not working error? You can connect with our experts the moment you are encountering to get easy solutions and fix them quickly. The experts are available 24*7. Few of the modes of communication that you can avail to contact the technicians are as follows:
Call Us – You can call us at Microsoft Support Service Number +1-855-334-7340 to speak with the experts regarding the errors that you are encountering and get natural solutions to fix them instantly.
Email Us – You can also drop an email mentioning all your queries at our official email [email protected]. The professionals will reach you the moment they receive your complaint.
Chat With Us – Alternatively, you can also have a talk with the experts about the errors that you are encountering and get instant replies to fix them.