Out of several problems Skype error code 1619 is one of the most frequent issues reported by the users. It restricts the users from using Skype application properly.
Once the user faces this issue, they become unable to install the Skype application further. There are many reasons that lead to this hazardous situation, but the main cause of this problem is the sudden disconnectivity of the internet on your device.
Apart from that, if the Skype installation and un-installation are not done completely, then there is also a chance of getting the same error code.
In case, if your device gets infected by virus or malware, then you can’t open Skype and as well as unable to reinstall it.
Moreover, if you have installed Skype twice, then there is a probability of encountering the same problem.
Unfortunately, if you are facing the same problem and seeking solutions regarding this issue, then this is the correct place to get rid of.
Follow each and every method carefully and fix the issue on your own.
Apparent Methods to Resolve Skype Error Code 1619:
As now, you have known the reasons that led to the Skype error code 1619, solving this issue will easier for you.
Hence, let’s start with some basic methods.
Solution 1: End msiexec.exe Process
When you have mistakenly installed Skype twice, then you can also find the error code 1619 on your device. If you want to get rid of this error code, then you have to end the msiexec.exe process.
To do so, follow the process that is mentioned below:
The very first thing you have to do is to tap on the Ctrl, Shift and Esc button at the same time on your keyboard. It will help you to start the Task Manager.
When the Task Manager opens, you need to navigate to the Details tab.
After that, choose the msiexec.exe file by clicking on it and then tap on End task for completing the task.
When it is done, now, try to download Skype and check if you are facing the same issue or not.
Solution 2: Restart Windows Installer Service
If there is a problem with the Windows Installer Service, then you can also get the same error code while you are going to install Skype.
In such a case, at first, you have to disable the option and then enable it.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to hit the Windows Key and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously and enter the services.msc command.
- After that, tap on the Enter button and then click on OK.
- Now, you need to navigate to the Windows Installer service and as well as double-tap on it to start the Properties tab.
- Here, you need to change the Startup type to Disabled.
- Next, tap on Save Changes option and then reboot your PC for the first time.
Wait until your PC starts automatically and go back to the Services tab for setting the Startup type of Windows Installer service to Manual.
For once more, tap on the Save option and restart your system as well.
Finally, try to install the Skype application and check if you are still getting the error code or not.
Solution 3: Manually Update the Device Drivers
Seldom an outdated driver creates this malfunctioning issue. Hence, follow the steps without making any mistake and update the drivers.
- First of all, tap on the Windows button and the R key on the keyboard at the same time. It will launch the Run window.
- After that, click on the Run tab and type the “devmgmt.msc” command in the Run window. Now, click on the Enter key.
- Then, select the device driver which you want to update and right-click on it. But make sure that the latest driver is compatible with your device.
- After that, tap on Update Driver for updating the device driver.
- Next, you need to select the “Browse my computer” for driver software.
At the final step, download the update and restart your device to check if there is still the same issue or get fixed.
Solution 4: Change the Registry Values
Wrong or incorrect registry entries are equally responsible for the occurrence of this error code. At such instances, modifying the registry entries can help you to solve the issue without any trouble.
So, at first, tap on the Windows Key and R altogether to open the dialog box. Here, type “regedit” and then click on the OK button.
Now, navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\.
After that, find and remove the InProgress string.
Now, you need to go to type
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\ key.
Here, you have to remove the PendingFileRenameOperations string.
Then, move to choose the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates key.
Here, select the UpdateExeVolatile entry and also double-tap on it. Then, set the value to 0 and reboot your device once more.
Finally, review if the same error code is still annoying you or not.
Solution 5: Turn off Firewall
Seldom it is found that if the Firewall is enabled on your device, then you can get the “Skype install error code 1619”. Disabling this feature can help you to get rid of the error code at the earliest.
- First, you need to press the Windows logo key and the R letter to open the Run box. Type Control in the Run window.
- Next, navigate to the search panel of the Control Panel and as well as type “Firewall” in it. From the list of options, you have to select the first one.
- Now, it’s time to select the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option from the left side of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Turn off Windows firewall on both Private and Public networks” option and hit on OK as well.
Finally, restart your system and check if the error code is still showing up while you are going to install Skype or not.
Solution 6: Modify Group Policy Settings
By changing the Group Policy Settings, it is quite possible that you can fix the issue. Let’s know how to do so.
- First of all, you have to press down the Windows and the R button at the same time for launching the Run window.
- After that, enter “gpedit.msc” in the box and tap on the Enter button or choose OK.
- When the Group Policy Editor appears on the screen, then navigate to the Computer Configuration icon.
- Next, choose both the Windows Settings and Security Settings.
- After that, click on the Local Policies option.
- Here you can find an option of User Rights Assignment in the left pane.
- Just click on it, then select the “Debug programs” option as well.
Be sure that the Administrators account is already added to the list. In case, you are unable to find it, then tap on Add Users or Group.
In the next step, choose Apply and OK to save the changes you have done recently.
In case, if the above methods are not enough for you to get rid of the issue, then try to follow this one.
As we have already said that Skype error code 1619 appears when users try to install Skype on their device, so we recommend you to install the latest version of Skype and check if the installation process starts or not.
If not, then it will be better for you to consult with an expert for more assistance.
We assume that the solutions that are given above will be enough for you to solve the issue as soon as possible.
Moreover, if you find the tutorial is beneficial for you, then feel free to comment on the feedback box below.
You can also share your doubts and queries with us. For more tech-related doubts, follow our website as well.