Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f: Technical Hacks To Resolve It ASAP
Any unexpected Outlook errors can become a nightmare for many users. This is because, when it occurs, one can’t work with Outlook. And, one such error that most of the users face is the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
When this error code occurs, it stalls the email that you want to send or receiver. Therefore, it is necessary to remove this error right away.
However, if you are in search of any resolution, then this article is for you. Basically, here, you will get to know the causes as well as their solutions. So, proceed with the article.
Fundamental Causes Behind the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
Before, you avail the fixes, check some of the causes. It will be helpful in the long run.
- Connectivity issue or slow internet connection with Exchange Server can lead to this issue.
- In case the Windows Firewall is blocking the Outlook email messages, then also you face the issue.
- Corrupted or incorrect Outlook Profile Settings can lead to this error message.
- In another case, if there are technical issues with the Server Settings, then also the Outlook email service can stop working.
- Also if the PST file is corrupted, then the error code can persist.
Depending on these causes, we will discuss some of the methods to fix the Outlook error code. Hence, move to the following section in order to carry out the methods.
Effective Methods to Fix the Outlook Send and Receive Error 0x800ccc0f
As you now know the causes of the issue, it is time to get hold of the easy fixes. For the best results, perform all the steps. Now, have a look at the methods below:
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
This error code might occur if you are not connected to the internet. So, you can check with your Internet Service Provider that if the Internet is working properly or not.
Alternatively, open a web browser and search for any site to check for the internet connection. However, if the Internet is working fine, then try the next method.
Method 2: Disable or Switch Off the Antivirus Software
An antivirus that scans the Outlook emails can lead to this error code. Hence, you have to disable the software as soon as possible.
Now, have a look at the steps that will help you to disable the software:
- At first, right-click on the Start menu and then select Task Manager from the list.
- As the Task Manager window opens, go to the Startup tab and then choose the antivirus utility.
- Now, click on the Disable button. Now, reboot your system.
- Finally, check if the error code still shows up or not.
Method 3: Turn Off the Windows Firewall
The Windows Firewall is another thing that can block Outlook services. Therefore, disable the Windows Firewall. This might work.
So, take the help of these steps:
- In the first step, open the Start menu and then type Firewall. Now, from the results, click on the Windows Firewall option.
- From Windows Firewall, click on the Turn Firewall On or Off option.
- Now, check the boxes beside the Turn Off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Finally, click on the Yes button and then close the window.
- After that, check if the error code still appears or not.
Method 4: Allow Outlook to Pass Through the Windows Firewall
If you don’t want to disable the Firewall for safety concerns, then here’s what you can do.
Allowing the Windows Firewall to pass the Outlook services through its shield will remove the chances of conflicts. Do that by following these steps:
- Just like the previous method, again open the Windows Firewall window.
- Go to the Allow an App or Feature through Windows Defender Firewall section.
- Now, click on the Change Settings button and then scroll down to find the Outlook Utility in the Allowed Apps list.
- Now, check the box beside Outlook Utility and then click on the OK button to save the new setting.
In case the problem resolves, then you are good to go. However, if the error code persists, then try the next method.
Method 5: Increase the Server Timeout Settings in Outlook
Outlook services include a Server Timeout option. Changing this Setting sometimes fixes interrupted connections.
So, use this feature to fix the Outlook error code. Here’s how to increase the Server Timeout time in Outlook:
- First of all, open the Outlook application and then navigate to the Files section.
- After that, choose the Account Settings button in order to open the Email Accounts window.
- Click on the Change option and go to More Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then drag the Server Timeouts scroll to the right-most position.
- Finally, click on the OK button in order to save the new changes.
Method 6: Repair the Outlook PST Files
The Outlook error code can also occur if the PST files are corrupted. Fortunately, Outlook includes its very own Inbox Repair tool to fix the PST Files.
Hence, use the tool:
- At first, open the Start menu and then enter scanpst.exe in the search bar.
- After that, click on the result. Then, select the File tab.
- Now, click on the Change folder and search options.
- As the new window opens, click on the View tab and then select the Show hidden files, folders and drives option.
- Next, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
- Choose the Start button on the Outlook Inbox Repair tool window to start the scanning process.
- If the scan detects anything, then click on the repair button to fix the corrupted PST files.
- Finally, check if the Outlook error code is gone or not.
Method 7: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Outlook allows itself to run in Safe Mode. In the Safe Mode, the Outlook works without any third-party add-ins. So, it might fix the issue.
- Use the Windows logo key + R key to open the Run box.
- As the Run box opens, type Outlook /safe and then click on the OK button.
- Now, select the profile that you want to run and click OK.
- If the Outlook runs normally, then the issue can be with the add-ins.
- Therefore, open Outlook and then delete the third-party add-ins.
- Once done, check if the Outlook issue still troubles you or not.
To conclude, these are the ultimate methods that you can try out. These will help you to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f easily.
However, if you still face any issue, then you will get the best help from the experts