Resolve Microsoft Security Client Error 0x80070426 With Easy Tactics
Microsoft Security client error 0x80070426 is associated with the Windows Defender issue. After Windows 7, all other Operating Systems have been replaced by the Microsoft Security Essentials of Windows Defender. This error code can appear due to the license problem of the user Operating System. If the user is using a non-genuine Windows OS, then the error 0x80070426 may take place. To solve the error code, you can follow this article. This article will provide you with the complete guidelines to resolve the Microsoft error code 0x80070426.
What Does Microsoft Security Client Error Code 0x80070426 Signify?
As error code 0x80070426 relates to the Windows Defender, it can be a bit complicated matter to deal with. In many cases, it is seen that after upgrading the Operating System (Windows XP, Windows Vista) from an older version to Windows 10, both the security systems get merged. Due to this issue, the Microsoft Security client error 0x80070426 may pop-up. The error code can also generate if any disturbance takes place during the up-gradation process. To solve the issue, you need to go through this article and follow the procedures as mentioned here.
Causes Of The Error Code 0x80070426
There are several causes for the Microsoft error code to appear.
- Recent Software installation can also be a cause of the error code.
- If the Windows certificate gets failed due to some suspicious activity.
- Improper installation of Windows 10 can be a cause of the error code.
- Some Antivirus software also blocks Windows Defender to stop its work.
These are the common reasons for the error code. Basically, the problem arises during to the upgradation problem of the Windows 10 from an older version of Windows.
In some of the cases, it is seen that during the up-gradation process Microsoft Security Essentials is not wholly removed from the system. Which results that both Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender are present in the system and stop each other from working.
Resolve Microsoft Security Client Error 0x80070426
As there are several causes behind the error code 0x80070426, so there have to be different methods to fix it. Follow the procedures from below to resolve Microsoft Security Client Error Code 0x80070426.
Remove Microsoft Security Essentials From The System
To disable the Microsoft Security Essentials, you need to follow the steps below.
- First of all, you need to open the Run box by pressing the Windows key+R.
- In the Run box, type ‘taskmgr’ and press enter to open the task manager of your system.
- Now search for Windows Defender Service on the screen.
- Right-click on the Windows Defender and then choose Stop.
The above steps will stop Windows Defender to run. Without restarting the system, follow the steps to remove the previous version of Windows. If you restart the system then again both the defender will start which may cause the error code 0x80070426.
- Open the Control Panel from the start menu.
- Then select Programs and Features and press enter to open it.
- Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from the system.
- After uninstalling the Security Essentials, reboot the system.
By going through the process, you will be able to solve Microsoft Security client error 0x80070426. In case the error still pops-up, go for the below-mentioned process.
Restore The Operating System
To solve Microsoft Security error, the best way is to restore the system. And to do this, go through the process from below:
- Go to All Programs from the Start menu.
- Then navigate to Accessories and open System tools.
- Under System tools, click on Restore my computer to an earlier time.
- Provide the time in which you want to restore your computer/ laptop.
- Now choose Next, this takes a couple of minutes to end the process.
And after ending the process, restart your system. This process will take your device settings to its earlier stage. By going through the above processes, you will be able to solve Microsoft Security error 0x80070426.
Connect With Us
For any queries including Microsoft Security client error 0x80070426, you can contact us by dialing our customer support number+1-855-334-7340. Further, you can mail us on our email address which is [email protected] to get support from us regarding your Microsoft issues.