When working with Windows, the users frequently complain about certain error codes including error 0x80070057. It might occur due to various reasons when you try to install Microsoft Office or while working with it. A faulty, outdated or a missing driver can also trigger this error. You can also encounter this error when you try to back up your files and the System Reserved Partition corrupts. The corrupted registry or the policy entries might also interfere with the Windows update process causing this error code.
If you are facing the same issue and looking for effective ways to resolve it, you have hit the right page for help. The article provides suitable problem-solving methods to fix the Windows update errors quickly.
Ways To Resolve Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Often users encounter error 0x80070057 which becomes complicated to resolve and further becomes difficult to troubleshoot easily. We have mentioned below a few easy yet effective methods to fix the error.
Method 1: Change The Decimal Symbol Settings
You might encounter the error 0x80070057 if the decimal symbol is not set. Follow the steps given below to change the decimal symbol.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Now, you need to choose the Clock, Language, and Region option.
- Click on Formats under the Region and Language option.
- Then select Additional settings.
- In the Decimal symbol field, you need to type”. ” (dot).
- Finally, click on OK. Reboot the system after all the changes are done.
Method 2: Add Registry Key Value
You can also encounter this issue due to faulty changes in the registry value. Often it becomes complicated to resolve and can damage your device. Hence, back up your registry and finally restore it.
- Open Start and then type “regedit” in the search box.
- Follow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates.
- Click on the blank space and when the New option appears, choose DWORD Value.
- Change the name. Type CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo.
- Double-click and then you need to change the Value data. to 1.
- Finally, click OK to save.
If none of the methods mentioned above work for you, perform the following step.
Method 3: Reinstall Microsoft Office
The Windows update error 0x80070057 might also occur while updating Microsoft Office or while working with it. You can solve the issue by temporarily disabling the firewall or the antivirus software. Perform the following steps to turn of the firewall in Windows.
- Open Control Panel. Select the System and Security option.
- Now select Windows Firewall and then choose to turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- You can also choose to turn off the Windows Firewall to temporarily fix the error.
- Click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs and click on it.
- Look for the Microsoft Office 365 option. Finally, click on the Change option.
- Reboot the system and then try to install again.
You can also update the device drivers to fix the error. Run a full scan to detect the faulty driver. Update the drivers one by one or you can also update the defective, missing or outdated drivers automatically by clicking on the ‘Update All’ option.
Need Assistance? 24*7 Service
If you are still struggling with error 0x80070057 even after performing the steps mentioned above, connect with the experts to get easy solutions to fix the errors. The experts are available 24*7 to provide you with practical solutions. We also offer remote and door-to-door services. There are multiple modes of communication that you can avail to reach our Windows Support
Call Us – You can call at Windows Helpline Number+1-855-334-7340 and discuss the glitches to get immediate assistance.
Email Us- However, you can also drop an email stating all your queries at our registered email ID [email protected]. The experts will reach you with effective solutions the moment they receive your report.
Live Chat – Alternatively, you can also speak to the expert through the Live Chat portal to receive immediate assistance.