Playstation4 or PS4 is the best gaming console that Sony has developed till date. Sometimes, while you are playing a game or have just inserted an optical disc into the device, due to some internal issue your PS4 can keep on ejecting the disc.
There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of this issue. If the firmware of the console is not up to date, then you can encounter this problem. If the rubber footing below the power button is kept pressed, then also there is a possibility for you to encounter this error.
Further, if the disc has dirt and scratches, then also you might face this problem. Moreover, if the hardware of the PS4 device is faulty, even then you can even meet with this glitch.
Go through this article and apply the fixes discussed here to effectively resolve the issue.
How to Fix the PS4 Keeps Ejecting Disc Issue
This section of the article provides six specific methods that will help you to resolve the ‘PS4 keeps ejecting disc’ error in an easy manner.
One: Reboot the Playstation4 Console
The most simple way to fix this error is to start the Playstation4 console once again. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, turn off the Playstation4 console by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- After that, remove the power cable from the wall socket. Next, takeout the HDMI and DS4 cable from the console.
- Now, keep the ‘Power’ button of the device pressed for thirty seconds until you hear two beep sounds. This action will remove any static electricity present within the logic board.
- Next, wait for five minutes or more and then put all the cables back into their original places.
- At last, start the PS4 console and check whether this issue gets fixed or not.
Two: Inspect Foreign Particles on the Optical Disc
If there are any foreign particles, dirt present on the disc that you enter on the PS4, then there is a possibility for you to face this problem. The best solution to resolve this issue is to clean the dust from the optical disc. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, take a lint-free cloth manufactured specifically to clear foreign particles from the disc.
- After that, wipe the disc starting from the innermost circle to the outer edge in a horizontal line, Repeat this step two times.
- If there are some stubborn particles that cannot be removed by wiping with the lint-free cloth, then take a damp cloth and clean that particle.
- After that, once again wipe the disc with a dry lint-free cloth. Do not use any other material like a paper towel or a t-shirt to clean the disc.
- Finally, insert the disc into the console and check if this error comes up or not.
For all the optical discs of the PS4 device, it is beneficial to clean them. So repeat the above steps as given.
Three: Update the System Software of the Playstation4 Console
If the system software of the Playstation4 is not up to date, then you can find that PS4 keeps ejecting discs. Now, the best answer to resolve this problem is to update the system software of the gaming console. The steps on how you can do that are as follows.
- First, select the ‘Settings’ option from the ‘Home’ screen.
- Next, when a page having the name ‘Settings’ comes up, locate and choose the ‘System Software Update’ option by pressing the ‘X’ button.
- After that, from the next screen that appears, choose the ‘Upgrade Now’ button.
- If an update is present, then press the ‘Next’ and the ‘X’ button, to move to the screen where the version number is present in a list.
- Now, the download process will start on the next screen, so wait for it to complete.
- Once the download process is complete, the ‘System Software License Agreement’ page will come up. Inside that page, click on the ‘Accept’ and then ‘X’ button to confirm.
- As soon as you do that, the game console will prepare itself for the update. Now, the console will restart and the update will begin. This process will take some time to complete.
- Once the update process is complete, the console will restart.
- When the console boots up, next press the ‘X’ button on the controller and sign in to the user profile. You can sign in to the Playstation Network now or can skip it altogether.
- Finally, try to insert a disc and see if this issue is still there or not.
Four: Make the Manual Eject Screw Tight
If the manual eject screw is loose within the PS4 console, then you can get this error. Now, the best answer to resolve this glitch is to simply tighten the manual eject screw. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- First, switch off the Playstation4 console. Next, takeout all the cable connected with this device like the HDMI, power cables and etc.
- Turn the console upside down and then locate the screw above the PS logo. After that, using a screwdriver remove that screw completely out of the device.
- Once the screw has been removed, insert that screw once again and then completely tighten it by turning the screwdriver in a clockwise direction.
- Now, connect all the cables back into the device and start the console.
- Lastly, insert a disc and check whether it gets ejected automatically or not.
Five: Check the Other Discs
Sometimes you can find that your PS4 is ejecting discs for all types of discs or a single one. The feasible answer to solve this issue is to check each and every disc before you enter them into the device. Follow the steps below.
- First, attempt to play different types of discs like CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays with the PS4 console and check if this issue occurs with all of them or not.
- If this problem occurs with all the discs, then there can be a defect with the console itself. Now, the answer to resolve this problem is to replace it with a new device.
- If you get this problem for a specific disc only, then that disc itself could be at fault. So, change it with a new one.
Six: Rubber Footing Removal Process
Sometimes the rubber footing present under the eject button of the Playstation4 console can give you this error. The correct solution to resolve this problem is to remove the rubber footing from the eject button.
After the removal of rubber footing, check if you see this glitch or not while a disc is inserted into the device.
Hope the solutions and suggestions given here will be helpful in fixing your PS4 when it keeps ejecting discs. Let us know in the comments which of the solutions were of help to you.