[Solved] Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart Windows 10
Blue Screen of Death error is one of the major problems for Windows 10 users. It usually appears due to a fatal system error. Now, BSOD errors come in various forms.
It is possible that it may come with an error notification that prompts “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, we are collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you”.
This error may occur due to the memory issue or damaged system drivers or files. Another reason could be a virus or malware infection. Even random power failure can lead to a system crash.
In this article, you will learn the easy solutions that have the ability to fix this error within a flicker of time. Read this guide carefully to get rid of this error permanently.
“Your PC Ran into a Problem and needs to Restart Windows 10” Error Message Resolved
There are a number of ways to solve this error. Here, we are going to discuss the most effective and reliable ones. But before implementing them, you should remove all the external hardware (such as an external hard drive, USB device, etc) from the system.
Now, if you are still not able to use the computer normally, then you should perform the below hacks one by one. Do not settle unless you find out the most appropriate one.
Fix 1: Boot the Computer into the Safe Mode
If you are unable to log into the system normally, then you should try to boot the computer into Safe Mode to get rid of this issue. To enter the Safe Mode, you should have a look at the steps given below:
- First of all, open the Settings application by pressing the I and Win key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Afterward, go to the ‘Update & Security’ category and choose the Recovery option from the list.
- Now, go to the ‘Advanced Startup’ category and tap on the ‘Restart now’ option from the next window.
- Click on the Advanced options by going to the Troubleshoot option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Startup Settings’ option and click on the Restart button.
- Now, you will get a list of options on the next page, choose the version of Safe Mode you want.
After that, you need to check if the error is resolved. Else, you should go to the solutions described below.
Fix 2: Modify the Memory Dump Settings
You can also solve this issue by changing the settings of memory dump files. To do this, you can perform the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, press the S and Win key both at the same time from the keyboard and type “advanced system” in the search bar.
- Then, choose the ‘View advanced system settings’ from the list of results.
- Go to the System Properties window and then tap on the Advanced tab.
- From the ‘Start-up and Recovery’ window, tap on the Settings button.
- Go to the System Failure section, uncheck the box near the ‘Automatically restart’ option.
- Afterward, click on the drop-down button and again tap on the ‘Complete memory dump’ option.
- Tap on the OK button to save the changes and then restart the device.
Now, you should check if the error “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” has been fixed. Otherwise, you should go to the next solution.
Fix 3: Perform a System Restore
By performing a system restore you can also solve the “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” error message on the system.
How to Perform a System Restore?
- Go to the Start menu and type “system restore” in the search bar.
- Next, choose the ‘Create a restore point’ from the search result.
- It will open the System Properties window. Tap on the ‘System Restore’ option.
- Once the System restoring process starts, you should tap on the Next button to proceed.
- Now, click on the ‘Show more restore points’ option and select your desired restore point. Again tap on the Next option from the pop-up box.
- Afterward, you have to complete the restoration process by performing the on-screen prompts.
Once you restore the computer properly, you should check if the issue has been fixed permanently.
Fix 4: Check for Windows Updates
If you are using an outdated version of Windows, then it might be the reason behind this error. You can easily solve this issue by updating the Windows Operating System to the latest version.
To do this, first, open the Settings app by going to the Start menu. Afterward, go to the ‘Update & Security’ category. Tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button.
Now, Windows will start to search for the available updates and if it finds any latest version, then it will download that automatically. After updating the Operating System, you should check if the error message is still there.
Fix 5: Run the SFC or System File Checker
System File Checker or SFC is a tool of Windows OS that allows the users to scan the entire computer for any corruption in system files and to fix them. This procedure explains how to run the SFC.exe or System File Checker utility on Windows 10.
The “sfc/ scannow” is one of the several switches available in the SFC command. To run this, you have to open the Command Prompt window with the admin privileges.
To do this, you should go to the Start menu. Then, type “command prompt” in the search bar. Then, right-click on the search result and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list.
Afterward, type the command “sfc/ scannow” in the command line and press the Enter key to run this. Now, the SFC checker will start to scan the entire system and it will take a few minutes to complete the scanning procedure.
If it locates any corrupted system files, then it will repair that automatically. Once you complete this process, you should exit from the Command Prompt window and restart the system. Now, check if the error has been fixed.
Hopefully, the above instructions will help you to fix the BSOD error message “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to share your commands. We are always eager to hear any new suggestions or ideas.