Effective Solutions To Fix Common Outlook Error Messages
Glitches and error messages are not uncommon in MS Outlook. Most users have encountered Outlook error messages at least once while using Microsoft Outlook on their system. These error messages normally appear if the Outlook application has been outdated.
Sometimes, the messages can even appear if Outlook is corrupted or crashed. If the Windows Firewall feature is turned on then also you may get error messages on Outlook.
Here in this article, we have listed some common errors that Outlook users face and provided the solutions to fix them.
So, if you are using Outlook and facing issues with it then you can follow this post. We have listed the most common errors and if you’re facing one of them, then the solutions given here will definitely help you resolve it quickly.
Common Outlook Error Messages
These are some of the common Microsoft Outlook error messages that users face while working on it.
“Cannot open your default email folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.”
“The connection to Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action”
“There is a problem with the proxy server’s security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority. Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server.”
“Sending reported error (0x800CCC13): Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.”
“Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed.”
In the section below, we are going to share easy and effective solutions which can help you to get rid of these error messages on the system.
Effective Methods to Fix Outlook Error Messages
In the following segment, we have mentioned several solutions which you may try to fix the common Outlook error messages on the system.
Go through the solutions provided below and try them one-by-one until you get the error messages fixed.
Solution 1 – Update Microsoft Outlook
If you are using an older version of Microsoft Outlook, then you might face Outlook error messages. So, you should update the Outlook application. To do that, follow these directions carefully:
- First of all, lunch the Outlook application.
- When the Outlook window opens, go to the File tab and then select the Office Account on the left panel.
- From the Office Account window, select the Update Options to open the list and then click on the Update Now button.
- Now the system will find whether any updates are available or not. If yes, then it will automatically update the application.
After completion of the update, restart the system and then check if the error message appears or not.
Solution 2 – Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Sometimes, running Outlook in the Safe mode can resolve these error messages on the system. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run box.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe and then hit the Enter button or select the OK option.
Now, Outlook opens into safe mode on the system. Check if the problem is still there or not.
Solution 3 – Repair Outlook
Repairing the Outlook application can, in most cases, fix the Microsoft Outlook error messages on the system. To repair the Outlook application, follow the instructions given hereunder:
- Press the Windows Home key and X key together to launch the WinX Menu list and then choose Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel application opens, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- In the Programs and Features window, find the Outlook application, right click on it and then select the Repair button to start the repair process.
- Once the process finishes, reboot the device and then check if Microsoft Outlook works properly.
Solution 4 – Uninstall Outlook and Install it Again
A damaged or corrupted Outlook application can cause the Outlook error messages to appear on the system. So, you need to uninstall the Outlook application and install it again in order to get these errors resolved. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Search box, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key.
- In the Control Panel window, click on the Programs and Features section.
- When the Programs and Features window opens, scroll down the page until you find the Outlook application, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button to remove it. After removing this application, install it from the official website of Microsoft.
So, visit the Microsoft official website, download the latest version of Outlook and then install it properly. Once the installation process is over, reboot your computer and then check if the error message still persists or not.
Solution 5 – Turn Off Third-Party Add-ins
Disabling the third-party add-ins can fix some of the Microsoft Outlook error messages on the system. So, you should disable them following these steps:
- First of all, open the Microsoft Outlook application.
- From the Outlook window, navigate to the File tab and then click on the Options tab from the left panel.
- When the Options window opens, go to the menu list and select the Add-ins button.
- Mark on the Third-party Add-ins that you want to turn it off. After these steps, check whether the issue has been eliminated or not.
Solution 6 – Remove the Third-Party Security Software
If any third-party security software is installed on the system, then you might get these error messages on the system. There are various security software which can prevent Outlook from opening.
So, before using the Outlook account, you should remove the third-party security software from the system. If you do not know how can you do that, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Home key and I key together to launch the Settings application.
- When the Settings window opens, select the Apps section.
- From the Apps section, go to the Apps and Features tab and then find the Security software, select it.
- Then, you will see an option Uninstall, click on it. After uninstalling this software, try to use Outlook on your PC.
Solution 7 – Disable Windows Firewall
After removing the security software, if the error message still appears, then you need to disable the Windows Firewall feature from the system. Go through these steps:
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Click on the Windows Firewall section on the Control Panel window.
- In the Windows Firewall window, go to the left panel and select the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button.
- Now, on the next window, go to the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings box and then click on the Turn Off Windows Firewall button from both sections.
- Once you are done with these steps, click on the OK option to save the changes.
Solution 8 – Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
If the above solutions do not help you in fixing the errors on Outlook, then you can try out this solution. Sometimes, updating the OS can fix various problems that you encounter on the system.
So, to update the Operating System, follow the instructions cited hereunder:
- Hold the Windows Home button and at the same time press the I key to open the Settings window.
- Navigate to the Update and Security section and then select the Update tab.
- From the Update tab, click on the Check for updates button to check whether any updates are available or not.
- If an update is available, then click on the Update button.
Once the update process is complete, restart the device and then check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Now you have known the common Outlook error messages and also learned the effective solutions to fix those. Hopefully, the above solutions will work in getting rid of any Outlook error message that you are facing.
Try out these solutions one-by-one and solve the error in an instant. After performing these solutions, if the error message still appears, then you need to seek help from a professional.