Are you not being able to use Outlook because of the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a? Then let us assure you that you will not have to worry at all about that. As this issue is something that you will be able to fix all by yourself.
And all the instructions that you are going to need for that, we have listed here in this article. With that, you will be able to resolve the Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc1a issue in no time at all.
Now, when it comes to email services, Outlook by Microsoft is one of the best ones that you can get. This has all the features that you might need from a webmail system and is going to be very reliable.
But like any other kind of technology that you can find in the market, this one is also going to give you trouble at some point in time. And many users of Outlook has reported this particular error code issue. So, we have put together this article to help you resolve that.
Probable Causes behind the Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
Before we go ahead and start discussing all the possible solutions to this error code issue. There is something very important that we need to discuss.
That is all the reasons why you might be facing this issue when you are trying to use Microsoft Outlook. And if you have a good understanding of that, then you are going to get 2 specific benefits.
The first among these is going to be that you will be able to avoid any technical glitches. The ones that you might have caused by accident because of not knowing the technicalities of this system.
Then, the second one is that if you have a complete understanding of the issue. You will find it a lot easier to understand and then implement all the technical solutions. So in this section of the article, we have covered all that information in complete detail.
Now, this error issue is something that comes out of an issue with the server that you are using. And because of that, it can cause problems with the transmission of data.
A very common reason for that is if there be some issue with the Secure Sockets Layer(SSL) certificates. These are very important especially if you want to ensure the security of all the information in transit. And it is the encryption that creates this particular problem.
A scenario that can come up is if the server does not support proper encryption, then that is going to be very problematic and will cause this error message to show.
Sometimes, the firewall setup of the antivirus software that you are using can also cause this. As that creates a situation where the server is not able to support the encryption from the SSL certificate.
How to Fix the Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a: Stepwise Solutions
In this section of the article, we are going to lay out in detail all the solutions that you will need. With all of that, you will be able to resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a in no time whatsoever.
If you know what the exact issue is in your case, then it will be the best. As you will be able to go ahead and apply the solutions for it right away. But if you do not have that information at hand, then also there is no problem.
Just apply these solution methods one after another, and that is going to do the job for you.
Configure the SSL Encryption, SMTP & POP Settings
This particular error code issue comes because of problems with these settings of the system. Now, it can be very difficult to find out the exact issue with the settings.
And thus, taking specific steps for that is going to be out of the question. That is why in order to resolve this issue you will have to reconfigure all the settings that are there.
Here are all the steps that you are going to need to make that happen:
- Open up Microsoft Outlook from your computer system. And wait till the home screen opens up in front of you.
- Now, once you are in that window, look for the File option and then click as you find it. In some older versions of Outlook, instead of the File option, you are going to have Tools.
- Once you are in the Account Settings window, look for the Email tab and then click on it.
- This is going to display a list of all the email accounts. Look for your email account over there and double-click on it as you find it.
- You are now going to see the Check E-mail Account dialogue box on the screen. In that dialogue box, look for and then click on the moe Settings option.
- Once you click on the More Settings option in the previous window, this is going to bring up the Internet E-mail Settings applet.
- In the home screen of that applet, look for the Advanced tab and click on it to open it up.
- Look for the Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) option and click on the checkbox next to it.
These steps are going to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a and you will be able to use Outlook once again. But if for any reason this solution does not work for you, then you can go for the next solution.
Troubleshoot the Outlook PST File
If you want to fix the .pst file of Outlook, then here are all the steps that you will have to follow:
- Press both the Windows key and the R key to open up the Run dialogue box.
- From there, take the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16”.
- Now, in the new window that comes up, double-click on the SCANPST.EXE file. This is going to open up the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair experience.
- Look for the Browse button and click on it. From there, look for the .pst file that you want to fix.
- After you find it, click on the Open button and the Start button after that.
- Click on the checkbox next to the Make a backup of scanned file before repairing option.
- Now, look for the Repair button which is going to start the repairing process.
So, after you have carried out all the steps that we have listed, it is going to resolve this particular error code issue.
Troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook
You can directly resolve this issue if you can troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook straight away. For doing that, here are all the steps that you are going to need.
- Go to the Control Panel section of your Windows PC. And after that, look for the Programs & Features section.
- In the list of the different programs that are running, look for the Microsoft Office 2016 and click on it.
- Now, look for the Change option and then click on it as you find it.
- Look for the Quick Repair option, and then click on it to start the repair process.
This is going to fix this problem for you and you will be able to use Outlook as usual.
Thus, with these steps, you will be able to fix this issue. But for any reason, if these methods fail, then that indicates a much deeper problem.
Something for which you are going to need the help of experts. So if that is what you need then do not hesitate from taking the help of tech support.