Omegle is a famous social media site that offers video chat facility anytime and from anywhere. But due to abrupt problems, it may fail to connect to the server.
Usually, the users report facing a message “Omegle error connecting to Server”. This is indeed a frustrating error and prevents its users from using the service offered by Omegle.
If you are unaware of how to solve this error, then you just arrive at the correct page. Here you will get to know the effective hacks which can help you to get back your Omegle account.
Hence, you should take a quick look at the guide discussed below. So, let’s begin.
What Causes Omegle Error Connecting to Server?
There are several causes behind this issue. Let’s have a look at the reasons discussed below:
This issue can appear due to faulty network settings. Subsequently, you can face this error due to a violation of the user agreement.
Sometimes, the cookies and cache of the browser you are using may also lead to this error. Any problems in the server or in the internet connection might be the reason behind this issue.
This problem also may arise if the Omegle site is undergoing any changes.
How to Fix Error Connecting to Server?
There are several ways to get rid of this issue. But here you get the best hacks, simply follow the procedure explained below:
Fix 1: Using Command Prompt
Certain commands can help you to solve the problems related to the network connection. It will help you to rebuild the DNS and IP settings and it will also reset the DNS and IP settings. To do that, you should check the steps as follows:
First and foremost, bring up the Start menu. Then, type “command prompt” in the search field and right-click on the search result.
Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list to open the Command Prompt with admin privileges. You can also open Command Prompt using the Run Command box.
Open the Run box by pressing the Win key and R and type “cmd”. Hit the Enter key by pressing the Ctrl and Shift key simultaneously from the keyboard.
Now, you need to type the commands given below:
- 1st: ipconfig/flushdns
- 2nd: ipconfig/release
- 3rd: ipconfig/release6
- 4th: ipconfig/renew
Press the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the above commands. Now, you need to wait for a few seconds until the process completes.
After executing the above commands, type “Exit” in the command line and press the Enter key to run this. After closing the Command Prompt window, you need to restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you should check if the ‘error connecting to server’ is fixed or not. Else, you need to clear the cookies from the browser.
Fix 2: Remove the Cookies and Cache of the Browser
Sometimes, this problem may occur if there is an excessive amount of cookies and cache within the browser. It can prevent the browser to load the website properly.
At this juncture, you can solve this problem by clearing all the cookies from that specific web browser. Steps to delete cookies differ from browser to browser. Henceforth, here we have chosen the 2 most preferred browsers that are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
How to Clear Cookies from Google Chrome Browser?
- In the beginning, open the Chrome browser. Then, locate and click on the menu (three-dot) button.
- Now, select ‘More Tools’ and tap on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- Now, set the Time Range to ‘the beginning of time’ and make sure that the ‘Cookies and other site data’ box is checked.
- Afterward, to clear all the cookies, tap the Menu button and choose the Settings option from the list.
- Go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ option by scrolling down the page.
- Now, open the Content Settings and scroll down the list to check if any cookies still exist. If you find any cookies, delete that and close the browser.
Now, relaunch the browser and check if the issue is fixed.
How to Clear Cookies from Mozilla Firefox Browser?
- First of all, open the Mozilla Firefox browser. (Else, go to the Start menu, search for it and press the Enter key from the keyboard).
- Locate and tap on the library-like menu button. Then, choose the History option from the menu and choose ‘Clear Recent History’ option.
- Now, you will get a few options. Navigate to the ‘Time range to clear data’ tab. Then, tap on the ‘Everything’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, you have to go to the ‘History and Data’ category. Choose the options that you wish to eliminate from the browser. Next, tap on the arrow near the ‘Details’ button.
- Finally, tick the ‘Cookies’ box and click on the ‘Clear Now’ button.
Wait for a few minutes until the process completes. At last, restart the browser to check if the issue is fixed.
Additional Method: Using VPN
You can also solve the “Omegle error connecting to the Server” message by using a VPN. To do this, you need to change the VPN.
Before you opt for this process, you should discuss with the network service provider whether the VPN you are using is stable or not. You need to choose the accurate VPN based on the type of work you are undergoing.
In the above guide, we have discussed the foolproof hacks to fix the Omegle error connecting to the server. You can easily perform the above hacks even if you are not acquainted with the technical domain.
If you successfully implement the above ways, then it will definitely assist you to solve this issue. If you face any kind of trouble while performing the above ways, then you can share your doubts through the comment section.