You will notice Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error on the screen after upgrading to Windows 10. As a result, the application won’t run properly.
This error comes pops up with a message stating “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information”.
When your computer causes problems with one or more Microsoft Windows components, the error triggers. Also, a corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library application can be the responsible factor. Apart from that, a faulty driver, damaged system files can also cause this error.
How to Fix Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error?
Here are seven effective solutions that you can implement to fix the Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error on your system.
Solution 1 – Update the Display Driver
An outdated version of the driver can repeatedly cause this error on the device. So, it is necessary to keep the driver up to date. Hence, follow these steps:
- At first, launch the Device Manager window.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the left panel and locate the Display Adapters, select it to expand it.
- After that, right-click on the Graphics card driver and select the Update Software Driver button to start the update process.
- Once the update process is completed, reboot the system and then check whether the Visual C++ application works properly or not.
Solution 2 – Repair the Microsoft Visual c++ Application
Sometimes, repairing this application can also be an effective fix. Therefore,
- First of all, go to the Control Panel window.
- In the Control Panel window opens, select the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features window, find the Microsoft visual c++, right-click on it. After that, select the Repair button to start the repair process.
- After finishing the repair process, check if the issue is solved or not.
Solution 3 – Perform a Clean Boot
The Startup and third-party programs can interfere with the device which leads to Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error. So, perform a clean boot on your PC to get it fixed instantly. Therefore, here are the steps that you can follow:
- Launch the Run box, type msconfig and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the System Configuration window, navigate to the Services tab and mark on the Hide all Microsoft services. After that, select the Disable all options.
- Next, open the General tab and unmark on the Load startup items button.
- Once you are doing with these steps, select the Apply button followed by the OK option to save the changes.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Application
A corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ application can also trigger this error on your PC. So, you need to remove the Microsoft Visual C++ application and install it again. To reinstall it, do the following:
- Firstly, launch the Settings window.
- Once you are in the Settings window, select the Apps section.
- On the Apps section, go to the Apps and Features tab and find the Microsoft Visual C++ application, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Once the removing process is completed, restart the device and then install it again.
To install it, you need to visit the official website of the Microsoft Visual C++ and search for the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ application.
Once you find it, click on the Download button and then install it properly. Once the process is done, reboot your computer and then check if the problem still arises or not.
Solution 5 – Reinstall the Display Driver
Corrupted or faulty display driver is also a responsible factor for this error to occur. So, reinstall the driver properly can help to fix the error. Now, perform the following:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key together to launch the Winx Menu list and select the Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager window, select the Display Adapter to expand it. Locate and right-click on the Graphics card driver to open the list.
- Here, you can see the Uninstall button, click on it.
- Once the uninstallation process is completed, restart the machine and then install it again.
- To install it, open the Device Manager and click on the Scan for hardware changes icon.
- Now the system will find the driver and install it automatically. Once the installation process is done, reboot your device and then check if the error is eliminated or not.
Solution 6 – Create a New User Account
In order to resolve the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error, simply create a new user account. To do that:
- Launch the Settings window and double-click on the Accounts section.
- From the Accounts window, select the Family & other people tab on the left panel.
- On the Right window, locate the Add someone else to this PC option, then click on it.
- In the next window, click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information button and then select the Add a user without a Microsoft account button.
- Enter the required information to create a new account and select the Next option.
- Once your new account is created, sign out your old account and sign in your new account.
Solution 7 – Turn Off Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, turning off the compatibility mode can solve this problem on the Windows 10. Hence, follow these steps:
- Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ application and right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, move to the Compatibility tab and mark on the Run this program in compatibility mode for button.
- Once you are done with these steps, click on the Apply button followed by the OK option to save it.
- After following this, try to run this application and check if the error still persists or not.