Users encounter Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 while trying to install, operate, update, or uninstall Microsoft Office application from their PC. It seems to be the most condemnatory problem associated with MS Office.
This problem leads to a complete shutdown of the Operating System. Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 also occurs due to various reasons such as the Windows Firewall, antivirus program, file errors, etc.
If the error persists, then it will interfere with the functioning of other applications installed on your PC. So, whatever may be the reason, you will need to eliminate the error without a delay.
Solutions to Fix Microsoft Error Code 30068-4:
We have some of the handy solutions for you to try out.
Solution 1: Disable Windows Firewall
- Go to the Start menu and press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘R’ together on the keyboard to open the Control Panel directly.
- On the Control Panel window, search for Firewall from the list of applications installed on your PC.
- Then select the software and turn off the toggle.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to apply the changes and check whether you are having any issues with MS Office or not.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Antivirus Temporarily
- At first, open the Control Panel from the Windows search bar. Windows 10 users can right-click on the Start menu and launch the Control Panel.
- Then, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ and choose ‘Programs’ from the submenu.
- Click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link and locate the antivirus you want to uninstall.
- Right-click on the antivirus and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option from the context menu.
- Click ‘OK’ on the confirmation popup to continue the uninstallation.
- After receiving the confirmation message for uninstalling the antivirus, restart the PC.
- Now see whether you can run MS office or update it without an error or not.
Alternatively, right-click the ‘Antivirus’ icon in the Taskbar of your PC and the ‘Turnoff Temporarily’ button will appear on the screen.
Lastly, click that button in order to disable the antivirus. Then, reboot the system to start it afresh and fix the Microsoft Office error.
Solution 3: Go Back to the Previous of Microsoft Office
Many users have resolved the issue just by degrading the Microsoft Office Application to its previous version. So, you can try out the same by the following steps:
- Press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Control Panel.
- Type ‘Properties and Features’ in the search field of the Control Panel window and press ‘Enter’ button.
- Select Microsoft Office from the search result and tap the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- After uninstalling the application, reboot the system and reinstall the application from the App Store.
- Now see whether the current version works correctly or not.
Solution 4: Remove Duplicate Materials
- Open the Control Panel, type ‘%program files%’ into the search field and press ‘Enter.’
- Click the Microsoft Office icon under the ‘Program Files’ menu and select the Office records option.
- Tap on the ‘Delete’ button and enter ‘%programfile(x86)%’ into the search field.
- Then, close the Control Panel window and scan the system to confirm the removal of data.
- Type ‘regedit’ into the search box and press ‘Enter’ to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINEkeys’ and delete those keys.
- Finally, scan the system to ensure that you have fixed the issue.
Solution 5: Use System File Checker Tool
- Press Windows logo key and ‘R’ to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘cmd’ into the Run dialog box and click ‘OK’ to open the Command Prompt window.
- Select Command Prompt(Admin) from the search results, and enter the username as well as password.
- As the Command Prompt window opens, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in it and press ‘Enter’ to launch the System File Checker tool.
- The tool scans the computer and fixes if the corrupted system files.
Hope, you have got an idea of how to remove Microsoft office error code 30068-4 from your PC. For any sort of confusion, leave your feedback in the comment section below this article.