The iTunes error 0xc000007b is one of the most annoying errors faced by users while they’re running the application. Most of the time, it can occur due to corrupt or missing system files. Alternatively, it can be caused due to other reasons as well.
How to Fix iTunes application error 0xc000007b
Here, we have provided various ways to fix the iTunes exe application error 0xc000007b on your own. Thus, follow these solutions one by one until your problem gets resolved.
Solution 1- Run the Application as Admin
The first thing that you can try to resolve this problem is by running the iTunes application as an Administrator. You can do this by following the steps given below.
- Press the Start button and type the name of the program in the search bar.
- Next, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the program as an Administrator.
- Now, check whether the error is still occurring or not.
Solution 2- Scan Disk for Problems
As mentioned earlier, you can face the iTunes error 0xc000007b due to corrupted or missing system files. In such case, you can run the System File Checker to automatically scan and fix system files. You can do this by following the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu. Here, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open a Command prompt as an Administrator.
- Next, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and press enter to execute the command. Next, wait for a while for the procedure to be completed.
- Once finished, restart your machine and check if the error code still appears or not.
Solution 3- Update Device Drivers
Another easy solution that you can follow to eradicate the issue is by updating your device drivers. Thus, follow the steps provided below to do so.
- First, click on the Start icon. Then, type ‘ device manager’ in the Search box and press the Enter key to open it.
- Once the Device Manager window opens, double click on the category of the device that you want to update.
- After that, right-click on the device and choose the Update Driver button. Then, choose ‘Search automatically’ option.
- Now, if any update is available, then update the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, restart your system and check if the error is still occurring or not.
Solution 4- Reinstall iTunes
Another cause for the error code is due to an Improper installation of iTunes. Therefore, you can try to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes application on your system. This can be done in three simple steps.
Step 1: Uninstall iTunes and its other Applications
- Press the Windows button along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Now, the Programs and Features window will appear. You will be able to see all the installed application of your system. Thus, find and uninstall the following programs in the same order.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit (if present)
- Apple Application Support 64-bit (if present)
- Thereafter, reboot your device to complete the uninstallation process. After that, head over to the next step.
Step 2: Remove Leftover Files
- After removing all the Apple applications, you need to delete its leftover files, if any. Thus, press the Windows logo key and ‘R’ at the same time.
- Now, type ‘%ProgramFiles%’ and press Enter. Here, check if any folder labeled Apple and Bonjour is present or not.
- If present, then select and Delete them from the list. Similarly, delete any Folder called Apple if found under Common Files. Thereafter, go to the next step.
Step 3: Reinstall iTunes
- Finally, you need to now install iTunes in your system once again. Therefore, open your default browser and visit the official site of Apple. Next, go to the Downloads section and download the latest version of iTunes.
- After the download has been completed, run the installer as an Administrator.
- Finally, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process. Next, login to your iTunes account and your problem should be resolved by now.
To conclude, you should now be able to get rid of iTunes error 0xc000007b without any issues. Make sure you’ve tried all the solutions provided above to help combat this error. In case, you were unable to fix this error on your system, then you may need to get in touch with Technical support. They will be able to help you out with this problem in no time.