How To Fix When iPhone Won’t Connect To PC | Get Premium Hacks
Many iPhone users report this problem where their iPhone won’t connect to PC. This can be an annoying situation if you have something urgent to transfer between both these devices. But, you don’t have to stress much about this simple problem, which you can solve easily with our troubleshooting methods.
Here are some fixes which will cover diagnosing the connection error and connect iPhone to your computer. The steps are discussed in such a way, you can solve this problem yourself. Hence, quickly go through these methods and bridge the gap between your iPhone and PC.
Fixes to be Tried if iPhone won’t Connect to PC
Whenever you experience any difficulty while connecting your iPhone to a PC, the following solutions can be tried. Many users have resolved this problem with these steps.
Method-1: Check Common Connectivity Issues
If you find any problem in the connection between your PC and iPhone, there are some common tips with the help of which you can check the connection.
Examine lightning cable
You have to check the lightning cable whether it is broken or not. For this, you can use a new lightning cable for connecting your iPhone to your computer.
Use Another USB Port for iPhone
If your lightning cable is in good condition, then connect your iPhone with another USB port. Now, see whether your iPhone connects to your PC.
Disconnect iPhone and Reconnect to PC
You can disconnect both devices and try to restart your iPhone and computer. After that, attach your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable and turn them on.
In case, the iPhone won’t connect to PC with Windows 10, follow this simple trick. Simply, unlock the iPhone before connecting it to your computer. As you now connect your iPhone, click on the ‘Trust’ option instead of ‘Don’t Trust’.
Method-2: Update iTunes and Windows
This problem mainly occurs due to utilizing the obsolete versions of Windows OS and/or iTunes. So, the first task is to update Windows. After updating the latest version, you have to perform a Windows Update for fixing the issue.
Also, if there is no installation of iTunes on your PC, download the application from the official website. With this method, Windows and iTunes will update automatically.
If the current OS on your PC is Windows 10, iTunes will be updated automatically. But, if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, you can go through these simple steps:
- First, launch iTunes, tap on the ‘Help’ option and choose ‘Check for updates’.
- Next, you have to check whether there are any Windows updates available or not.
- After applying the Windows Update, connect the iPhone to your computer.
So, if your iPhone won’t connect to PC on Windows 10, updating both OS and iTunes may help to reconnect.
Method-3: Driver Update for Apple iPhone
For solving the issue, you have to first update the driver on your Apple iPhone. This is done to check whether you can solve the problem or not. For updating the driver, go through these simple steps:
- Disconnect your iPhone from your PC or computer and close iTunes. Next, you have to unlock the iPhone and move to the Home screen.
- Your computer has to be now reconnected with your iPhone. So, if you see that iTunes is opened, close it.
- Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog window. Then, type devmgmt.msc and press ‘Enter’ for opening the Device Manager.
- Now, double-click on ‘Portable Devices’ for expanding the list. Thereafter, you have to right-click on the Apple iPhone option and choose ‘Update Driver’
- Next, choose the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. You have to go through the instructions which are given on-screen. This will help you to update the driver of your Apple iPhone.
- In the next step, you have to open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Method-4: Reinstall USB Driver for Apple Device
If your PC could not recognize your iPhone, you can try reinstalling the USB driver on your iPhone. So, follow the below-mentioned steps for reinstalling the USB driver for Apple. However, you can follow these steps if you have downloaded iTunes from the official website of Apple.
- First, close iTunes after disconnecting the iPhone from your computer.
- Get your iPhone unlocked and go to the Home screen. Again, connect your iPhone to your computer. If iTunes opens, close it.
- From the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously for opening the Run dialog box. Next, type ‘%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers’ and tap on ‘Enter’ key.
- As the new window pops up, you can right-click on the ‘usbaapl64.inf’ file and choose install.
- Next, disconnect the iPhone from your computer and restart it. Finally, open iTunes after reconnecting your device.
Hopefully, by reinstalling Apple’s USB driver, you won’t experience any challenge while connecting iPhone to PC.
Method-5: Restart Apple Mobile Device Service
Often, if the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) is not running on your PC, your iPhone will not be connected. If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 you can restart your Apple Mobile Device Service in the following ways:
- At first, disconnect your iPhone from the computer and close iTunes.
- Launch the Run dialog window on your PC. Type ‘services.msc’ and tap ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, you have to right-click the ‘Apple Mobile Device Service’ and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Then, change the ‘Startup type’ into ‘Automatic’. Also, tap on the ‘Stop’ menu to terminate the service.
- As the service stops, you can click on the ‘Start’ option for restarting AMDS and click on the ‘OK’ option.
After following these steps, restart the computer and connect your iPhone to it. We hope the connection will be established without any hassle.
Most Apple users blame the USB cable when the iPhone won’t connect to PC, which is not the sole reason for causing this issue. In this article, you came across various other scenarios, which can trigger the problem. We hope the fixes discussed here will help to troubleshoot this error.
If you want stepwise guidance on any other iPhone error, drop your requirements in the comments below. We will try to provide the fixes as soon as possible.