Windows 10 requires system updates to maintain its performance levels and features in a regular manner. Every Windows updates relish new features to its users, but many times the users do not want the updated features. Sometimes the latest update can be difficult for the users to operate correctly. Seldom it creates glitches while working with the operating device. For this reason, many users prefer to restore the earlier version of Windows 10. If you are using the latest version of Windows 10, then you must know How To Stop Windows 10 Update In Progress.
Know How To Stop Windows 10 Update In Progress
These are a few methods on how to stop a Windows 10 update in progress. The following methods will help you to solve the issue if you are encountering the same problem with Windows 10.
Method 1: Deactivate Update From Services
Step 1: Go to the Windows 10 Search Box from the main screen page. After that, you need to type Services on the search box and press the Enter key. Now, the Services Application list will pop up on your screen. Select the application and right-click on it. Then choose the Run as Administrator option.
Step 2: After entering the Service application, you can see all the running programs of your device in a single list. Now find and select the Windows update service from the list. You can see the Windows update running from its status.
Step 3: Now you need to click on the Windows Update option. From the Context menu, you need to select the Stop option. After clicking on the Stop option, a new dialogue box will open on your screen. On that dialogue box, you can see the process to stop the update progress. Wait for a moment while the process is continuing.
Method 2: Stop The Automatic Update In Progress
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Find out the System and Security and click on the option.
- Click on the Security and Maintenance.
- It is relocating on the top middle position of the screen.
- Go to the Security and Maintenance title list.
- Navigate to Stop maintenance from the bottom middle position on the tab.
- To stop the Windows 10 Update in progress, click on the Stop maintenance.
Method 3: The Metered Network Method
If you are using an old version of Windows 10, you may face frequent shut down for some automatic updates. Therefore, it is important to know how to stop Windows 10 update in progress. The previous version of Windows 10 works only with a WiFi interface. But additionally, in this version, 1703 ethernet connection will take place. While updating the latest version, some errors may occur in the time of installation.
Follow the steps to stop the auto installation:
- At first, go to the Start option and select the Settings.
- After entering the Windows 10 Settings choose the Network and Internet option.
- In the Network and Internet tab, you can see the WiFi or Ethernet tab.
- Now connect to the network as your choice.
- Find the available network from the main panel of your device.
- After completing the procedure, click on the Metered connection.
Reach To Our Windows Support Service
If you still have any difficulty regarding how to stop Windows 10 update in progress, then without any delay get in touch with our professional Windows support team.
We are focused on offering exclusive support to our consumers. Dial our toll-free support number
+1-855-334-7340. You can send an email at [email protected] addressing the problem which you encountered. Also, you can use our live chat portal for connecting with our trained engineers.