How To Fix Error Code: 0xc004f074 In Windows? Easy Hacks
Error code: 0xc004f074 mostly occurred after the release of Windows 10. Although it was fixed immediately by the Microsoft developers, the error keeps occurring while installing Windows Updates.
Windows error code 0xc004f074 can also occur when you download a compromised Windows upgrade from corrupted or pirated software websites.
If you have recently downloaded an update and received this error code, read the instructions cited below for fixing it successfully.
4 Easy Techniques to Fix Windows Error Code: 0xc004f074
Usually, Error Code 0xc004f074 signifies that the KMS (Key Management Service) could not be run during the process of Windows activation. To solve this error, follow the solutions listed below.
Sometimes, error code 0xc004f074 can occur due to the inactivity of the Windows key and copied files. So, move to the navigation settings and see whether the Windows copy is activated on your system or not. Follow these steps to check whether Windows is activated or not.
- First, go to the Settings.
- After that, select the “Update & Security” option and click on “Activation”.
This process would help to see whether the installed copy of Windows is activated and registered on your system.
Utilize the Activation Wizard to Change Key
You may also get rid of this Windows error code: 0xc004f074 by using the activation wizard and change the key. To do so, follow the steps cited below.
- Click Windows key +R. Once the Run dialog window launches, type “slui 4” and press the Enter button.
- Go to the “Activation” option by following the steps in the previous method. If you notice Windows is not activated, you can use another option called “Activate by phone”.
- Following that, launch the Product Activation Wizard and open the “Charms” menu. Now, click on Settings.
- After doing so, go to the “Change PC Settings” and click “Activate Windows”. Here, you will get a list of options.
- Click on any of the options amongst Activate, Activate by phone, Contact customer support help.
Now follow the directions present on the screen and activate Windows with the appropriate option.
Launch System File Checker
Another technique by which you can get rid of this issue is by running the System File Checker. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
- First of all, press the Windows key+X. Open the command prompt window and type “sfc/scannow”.
- Press Enter so you can launch the System File Checker. This process may take some time. Hence, you need to be patient during this time.
- After this, reboot the system and activate Windows 10 online.
However, if you notice that the problem in your system persists, try another solution.
Reset your System
If the solutions stated above do not solve Error Code: 0xc004f074, try to reset your system. This will help to get all the default working files in the directory and restore Windows. After doing so, make sure to update it again. Follow the steps exactly as mentioned below to reset the PC.
- Open the Windows Settings. After that, select the “Update & Security” option.
- Then go to “Recovery” and select the “Reset this pc” option.
However, keep in mind that the restore or reset process can cause loss of necessary data. Hence, before performing this entire procedure, make sure to keep a backup of your valuable data.
Hopefully, these steps mentioned above would resolve the Windows error code without any hassle.