How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070652 Without A Hassle?
Have you ever faced an unpredictable issue while updating your Windows? Well, Windows Update error usually occurs due to corrupt files or any issues in updating or downloading. If Windows face any hindrances during the update, it may show up with certain error messages on your screen saying “Windows can’t be updated”.
The circumstances of all these errors can be diverse. This may involve matters like downloading another application while the Windows installation, system crashes, malware or corrupted files, and previous installation queries.
Consequently, if you are encountering any before-mentioned issues, don’t worry, we got your back. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some peculiar solutions that can help you fix the errors related to windows update, step by step in detail.
5 Techniques to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070652
The Windows Update errors can be solved in several ways, although it is important to find the cause of the matter first. Thus, if you are facing any difficulty while updating Windows, there are specific solutions that you can follow to get rid of this matter:
Solution 1: Scan for any Malware
The first and foremost thing to do if you stumble upon a Windows Update error, is to exclude malware issues with the help of an antivirus or the inbuilt Windows Defender to scan your entire system for any malware.
Steps to Use Windows Defender
- Select the Start option
- Go to Settings
- Choose the Update & Secure option
- Select Windows defender
- Lastly, choose the full option
It is noteworthy to know that antivirus cannot provide you 100% safety and thus, for an extra layer of protection, consider using an anti-malware. This will eliminate all the malware present in the system. However, it is important to do this process under a professional individual’s guidance.
Solution 2: Reactivate Windows Update
- First of all, you have to select the Control Panel option.
- Then select the System & Security.
- Click on Windows Update
- After that, select the Change Setting option from the left side of the pane.
- Now, select the option “ Never Check For Updates(Not recommended)” from the dropdown which is situated on the right side of the pane.
- Then, Click OK.
- After this step, reboot your computer two times.
- Select the settings (Windows update change settings) option again and set it on “Update Windows Automatically (Recommended)”.
- Lastly, you have to restart your computer one more time.
Solution 3: Rename the SoftwareDistribution Folder
Another easy fix for windows update error 0x80070652 is to just rename the SoftwareDistribution Folder. Here are certain steps rendered below by which you can accomplish this process:
- First of all, press the windows logo key and S to open the search option.
- Search by typing CMD
- After this step, select the command prompt option from the options.
- You have to run this as an administrator to open an elevated command prompt.
- You may need to provide administrator credentials as well as other information which is asked accordingly
- Your elevated command prompt will open.
- Once it gets opened, insert these commands and hit enter after each step
1: net stop wuauserv
2: net stop cryptSvc
3: net stop bits
4: net stop msiserver
5: rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
6: net start wuauserv
7: net start cryptSvc
8: net start bits
9: net start msiserver
- Finally, make sure to restart your computer once and see whether your problem has receded.
Solution 4: Install Windows Update Manually
If the Windows error still persists after the above solutions, you can try to download as well as install the update manually from the Windows Download Center:
- First of all, type windows update on your desktop’s search engine and select the “windows update” settings option from it.
- After that, Select the view update history option.
- Once you choose this option, you will get a history of all your windows update.
- Find the update which failed, and double click on it to get more information.
- Now, in this step you have to go to the Microsoft download center.
- Type the Kb article number to search the update package.
- Lastly, download and install the windows update on your computer.
Solution for Windows 10 Users: Windows System Restore
If you are a Windows 10 user, there is an easy way to get rid of your computer issues. All you have to do is a system restore your computer to the time when this issue did not exist. Here is how you restore your computer:
- Firstly, search for system restore on the search engine near the start option.
- After that, you have to choose the option “create a restore point”.
- After that, select the System Protection tab and then configure or create.
- Now you have to provide the details concerning a System Restore Point of your preference.
- Lastly, select the create option and then press Ok.
Updating your windows might seem a long process and when you find an error during it, it may panic you. However, there are solutions by which you can get rid of these errors. All the solutions that are mentioned above can be pretty helpful for you.
However, it is important to follow some of the above solutions under professionals guidance as they well recognized in this sector. Apart from that, you can let us know about your experience and whether the solutions worked for you or not in the comments below.