Have you ever encountered Skype disk i/o error while signing into Skype account on your desktop? Well, if that’s the case, then working with such error on skype can be pretty difficult.
You may face difficulty in contacting your clients as well as fellow employees which may result in work loss. However, if you are undergoing this query, do not worry.
In this article, we are going to discuss solutions to fix Skype disk i/o errors in brief and hopefully, this will help you to get rid of the said error in an easy manner. So, let’s begin.
Solutions to Fix Skype Disk i/o Error
To make things easier for you, here, we have provided certain solutions by which you fix skype disk i/o error efficiently.
Solution 1: Delete Junk Files
First of all, try to reinstall or update the Skype application, as these issues are sometimes related to application update or installation problems. If you face the same problem after reinstalling and reupdating the application, then you should follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Close the Skype Application
The primary thing one should do on facing such issues is to close the Skype application. To do so, you can easily choose the quit option by right-clicking on the Skype symbol in the taskbar.
If you can’t see the icon or facing any trouble on closing the application, try to close skype with the help of task manager.
How to Launch Task Manager?
To launch the Task Manager, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard. When it opens, select the Process tab.
After this, find, ‘Skype.exe’ from the list and choose the “End Process” button. Lastly, Exit the Task manager window.
Step 2: Invoke the Run Box
In the next step, press the Windows button and ‘R’ key all at once, to launch the Run box. Once you see the Run dialog box opens, enter ‘%appdata%\Skype’ on it and click the Ok button.
Step 3: Locate the “Skype Name” Folder and Delete it
Now, Open the File Explorer window and then locate the “Skype Name” folder. Delete the folder. This process may erase all your chat history. Thus, if you want to store your chat history, all you have to do is store it to some other location and transfer it back later. However, you may lose your data during this restoration process.
Step 4: Restart the Application
Now, restart your Skype application and log in again. After this, all the folders which were deleted earlier will be recreated and you can easily transfer all your chat history to the new folders.
Solution 2: Modify the Permissions of Temporary Folders
If the foregoing steps did not resolve the issue, you may have relocated your temporary files to some other place other than your profile or may have removed the required permissions. In such cases, you can follow the steps given beneath:
- Firstly, close the Skype application and start the “File Explorer”. After this, open the Run box by pressing the Windows and the R keys together.
- Now, type %temp% in that box and hit Enter. When the content of the Temp folder opens, click on the Up arrow beside the address bar of the File Explorer to get into the Local folder. You’ll find the Temp folder there.
- Now, select the Temp Folder and click on the Properties option. Select the ‘Security Tab’.
- After this step, click on the “Edit” button, and when the ‘Permission’ option appears from ‘Temp Dialogue Box’, click “Add”.
- The box called “From the Location” should show your system name. If you cannot see your systems name on the box, all you have to do is click on the “Locations” option and select the system name from it. After this, Click “OK”.
- Now type “All Application Packages” under the box titled ‘Enter the object names to select’ and then choose the “Check Names” option.
- This step will underline the “All Application Packages” option. Now Click “OK”.
- With this action, you will get access to the “Temp folder” and “ All Application Packages” will be added in the Account list as well.
- Now, tick the Full Control, List Folder Contents, Read and Write, Read and Execute, Modify checkboxes to get control.
- Click the “OK” option to close the “Permission” option from the “Temp” Folder.
- Lastly, restart your Skype Application and sign in again.
Skype is a significant application for everyone as it is used for easy communication with your clients outside your country.
Therefore, when you encounter such issues, it may be pretty troublesome for you as well as your co-workers.
However, the above-mentioned moves are some of the easy steps to get rid of issues like this Skype I/O error.
If you still face the same issue, or the fixes look too complicated, you can simply consult a tech professional who can guide you in a better way.
Let us know in comments whether these solutions were helpful for you or not.