Security certificate error restricts you from connecting the web browser appropriately.
If the Symantec Intermediate Certificate Authority for the website has been expired, then you can notice this error.
Sometimes, incorrect date and time can also be the responsible factor for this error to occur.
Therefore, implement effective steps to eliminate the error instantly.
How to Fix Security Certificate Error?
Go through the solutions and apply them in order to get rid of the security certificate error.
Solution 1- Check the Date and Time
As mentioned earlier, the incorrect system clock can be a primary cause of the occurrence of error.
Therefore, you have to enter the correct date and time. To do so, apply the steps below.
At first, navigate to the bottom right corner of the Home Screen and click on the clock icon. Then, choose the Adjust date/ time option.
Next, you have to check the date and time. In case, time and date are not correct, then simply disable the ‘Set time automatically’ option.
After that, you should click on the Change button.
In this step, you should set the correct date and time. In addition, tap on the Change button.
Once you have successfully applied these three steps, check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 2- Turn off the ‘Warn about certificate address mismatch’ Option
You might encounter the security certificate error if the Warn about certificate address mismatch option is enabled.
Therefore, disabling the option can be an effective fix. Now, follow the given instructions.
- At first, you should right-click on the Windows key and then select the Control Panel from the available options.
- Within the Control Panel, you have to drop down and choose the Internet option.
- Next, move to the Advanced tab.
- In addition, go to the Security section and open it.
- On the next window, you have to find out the Warn about certificate address mismatch option and unmark the dialog box present beside it.
- Then, click on Apply followed by pressing the OK button to save the changes.
Finally, restart your machine and if you are still encountering this issue, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3- Turn off TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2
A problem with the TLS feature can lead to security certificate error.
Now, to overcome the issue, it is suggested to disable the TLS feature.
Therefore, open the Internet option and after that, move to the Advanced tab.
On the next step, locate the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 as well as uncheck them. Now, first, click on the Apply and after that, tap on OK to save the changes.
Solution 4- Remove the Problematic Update
In case, you notice this error message after an update, then you have to find out the problematic application and uninstall it instantly.
- Begin by pressing the Windows and I keys together to open the Settings app.
- Now, the Settings app will appear on the screen. After that, go to the Update & Security section.
- Next, you have to click on the View Installed update history option.
- Now, a list of installed updates will appear on the display. Furthermore, tap on the Uninstall updates.
- The next thing that you have to do is to locate the recent update and double click on it to remove it.
After removing the recent update, reboot your system and check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 5- Change the Server Revocation Option
To apply this solution on your system, at first, open the Internet Options window.
Furthermore, visit the Advanced tab and unmark the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation and Check for certificate revocation options.
Then, click on the Apply button to complete the procedure.
Furthermore, reboot your computer to check if any changes are made or not.
Solution 6- Install the Certificates
If you are an Internet Explorer user, then you need to install the missing certificates. Now, do the following.
Once you see this error message, then tap on the Continue to this website option.
In addition, click on the Certificate Error button to open the information window. Thereafter, click on the View Certificates option and furthermore tap on the Install Certificates button.
After that, follow the online instructions to complete the task. In case, you see a warning message, then tap on the Yes button.
Again reboot your computer and now you can access your device without this error.