When it comes to errors associated with Reddit, Reddit error 503 is the most familiar of them all. Usually, this error will notify the user that the servers of the website are busy.
Reddit Error 503 is an error faced by Reddit users when they try to send a request to the Reddit’s server for any content, but unfortunately either it gets ignored by the server or does not reach them for some reason.
As a result, it displays an error message claiming that all the servers of Reddit are currently busy, and prompts to try again after some time.
In this article, we will be discussing Reddit error 503 in brief. Apart from that, we will also list some of the basic fixes to get rid of it effortlessly.
Causes of Reddit Error 503
While Reddit Error 503 is pretty common, it can occur due to several reasons. To make things easier for you, we have mentioned some of its causes below.
- Overloaded Servers
- Servers Under Maintenance
- Excessive accumulation of Cache files in the Web browser
- Network issues
Now that you know the causes, let’s plunge into some easy techniques by which you can solve this error 503 on Reddit without any trouble.
Simple Solutions to Fix Reddit Error 503
Struggling with Reddit errors can be bothersome. However, if such is the case, then you are just in the right place. In this segment of the article, we have discussed some of the easy and efficient ways to get rid of Reddit Error 503.
Reload the Page
If a Reddit user comes across Reddit error 503, the first and foremost step that must be followed is reloading the page. This is because, in the majority of cases, certain minor network changes can cause server disconnections.
If you want to reload the page, you can follow any of the three methods below.
- The shortcut to refresh a page is F5. Thus, pressing it can be an easy way to reload a web page.
- You can select the Reload icon within the Web browser.
- Right-click on any blank space within the browser and choose the reload option from the pop-up menu.
This should solve any minor changes that resulted in Reddit error 503 and it can be resolved easily with just one refresh. You can repeat the refresh for assurance. However, if this fix did not solve the issue then try the next solution.
Clear Cache Files
An enormous accumulation of cache files can be a primary reason behind Reddit error 503. Although cache files are removed by the browser itself but on confronting errors like Reddit error 503, it is better to remove them manually. Here is how you can do so.
- First of all, click on the three dots (hamburger button) present on the top right corner of the browser.
- Go to Settings and click on the Clear Browsing data present under the Privacy tab.
- Now, look for Empty the Cache option and select the starting time.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data and restart the web browser.
On a successful computer reboot, the Reddit error 503 should resolve. However, if the issue persists, then follow the solution mentioned next.
Another way by which you can get rid of this Reddit error 503 is by flushing the Domain Name System or (DNS). Implementing this solution is quite simple. Follow the steps exactly as specified below for a successful DNS flushing.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt and run it as an Administrator.
- Now, type “ipconfig flushdns” without the quotes in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- Lastly, close the Command Prompt window.
Restart the system to update the DNS settings. Try to open the website again and see whether the issue resolves.
Check the Stability of Your Network
There have been instances where users have complained facing Reddit error 503 due to a poor connection of their router, dongles, or any other network devices. Thus, it is recommended to get rid of these issues by reconnecting to the network. Here is how you can do so.
- First of all, disconnect the network from your system and turn off the router. If you see any dongle connected to it, make sure to disconnect it.
- Now, reconnect the device after some time and restart the system. If an error message called “ Unidentified Network No Internet Access” appears, then repeat the process again.
If the cause of your error is related to certain network glitches then this solution must resolve it without any difficulty.
Try a Different Web Browser
Many a time, the reason behind this error can be related to some bug within the browser or certain pending updates. Thus, you can try changing the web browser to access Reddit and check if that resolves the issue.
If performing this helps you, report this to the developers so that they can update the browser. This method would resolve the problem if it is based on a particular type of browser.
Hopefully, the solutions stated above would resolve the Reddit error 503 without any difficulty. Please let us know your feedback in the comments section below.