The common audio problems that every Windows 10 users encounter are, unable to hear any sound from the computer. Sometimes, sounds get interrupted at the time of playing any kind of video or any mp3 file.
Getting no sound on the laptop is a common issue that every Windows user face. At times, it so happens that even there is no audible sound on the headphone.
The prime reason for such sound issues can be a faulty audio driver the Windows 10. If you have made any unwanted changes in the sound setting, then you might face audio issues on your laptop.
Whatever be the underlying factor, you need to sort them at the earliest. Thus, refer to this article to eliminate the problem at the earliest.
Solutions to Fix “No Sound on laptop Windows 10” Issue
If you follow the below-mentioned instructions you will be able to overcome the problem. Further, you can get back the sound again.
Fix 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter
The first step to solve the sound issue on your Windows 10 system is to run the Audio Troubleshooter. Thus, you have to follow the instructions stated below:
- First, you have to go to the”Start” button. Write “Audio Troubleshooter” in the search box.
- The “Audio troubleshooter” tab will open. Select the “Find and Fix problems with playing sound” from the list of options.
- Then, you have to choose the “Next” option. You will be prompted to select the device to initiate the troubleshooting process.
- Select the “Speakers-Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) (Current Default Device)” option.
Running the troubleshooting tool will help you to detect and fix the error. If it does not help you to eliminate the problem then go for the next method that is mentioned below.
Fix 2: Set Default Playback Device
If you use a USB cable for connecting the audio device, then you need to set the audio device as the default to avoid any glitches. And for doing that you have to go through these steps:
- At first, you have to search “Sound” using the search box.
- Choose the “Sound settings” from the list of the results that you will get from the search options.
- Next, go for the “Related settings” option and choose the “Sound Control Panel” option.
- A “Playback” tab will open, select a particular device from that option.
- Lastly, choose the “Set Default” option to put an end to the sound issue.
Fix 3: Turn Off the Audio Enhancements
Turning off the audio enhancements will help you to fix the sound issue in your Windows 10 system. And for that, you have to follow these steps.
- First, you have to go to the Start button and write “Sound” in the search box. Then, go for the Sound Settings option.
- You have to go to “Related Settings” next. Choose the Sound Control Panel option.
- From the “Playback” tab, you have to right-click on the Default Device option. Next, go to the “Properties” section.
- You will find an “Enhancements” tab. Choose the “Disable all enhancements” option from the list. Finally, try to play the audio device.
These are the most essential and easy steps that will help you to put an end to the “no sound on laptop Windows 10”. Follow the above mentioned carefully. We hope you find this article worth reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below, in case you face any trouble.