Kernel Data Inpage Error is a Blue Screen of Death Error code. It can occur due to file, memory or disk corrupted error. This, in turn, is a result of a hard disk or RAM related problems.
A serious hardware or software issues can also lead to this error. As a defensive measure, the system “Force stops” the operating system and opens up a blue screen, where you will find the “Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10”.
This BSOD Error can lead to other hard drives issue or a complete failure of the OS. Kernel Data Page error can also damage the motherboard chipset drivers. Thus, to prevent these adverse conditions you need to follow this guide.
How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error?
Here are a few easy procedures that will guide you on how to fix this issue at the earliest.
Fix 1: Check the Hardware and Wire Connections
First, you have to check the system’s internal settings. Verify the hard drive, SATA cable, and power supply cable to ensure a stable connection.
You can disconnect the wires and then again can reconnect them, if necessary. Also, check the RAM, if required disconnect it from the slot and then insert it to a different slot.
Restart the system and check if you are still facing the kernel in page error issue. If the problem remains then the main error issue is the Motherboard.
Fix 2: Examine The Hard Drive
If you want to inspect the hard drive for fixing the kernel in page error, you have to follow these 3 easy methods.
- First, you have to inspect the SMART Disk information in your Hard Drive. And for that, you have to turn on the PC and then go through the vital disk status. If it shows that drive is in an alarming state, then instantly take a backup.
- You have to run the CHKDSK command, in short for “check disk”. CHKDSK helps you to check the status of your hard drive. And for that, you have to press the Windows and X key together.
- Otherwise, go for the Command Prompt (Admin) option. After that, click on” Yes” when the administrator permission box will appear. Then, write the CHKDSK command and then hit the Enter button.
- Next, type Y to check the disk status. Lastly, restart your computer for the CHKDSK scan and fix the errors that are detected.
Fix 3: Reinstall BIOS Default settings
Changing the settings of the BIOS can resolve the Kernel Data Inpage error. And for resetting the BIOS settings to default, you have to follow these easy and simple steps.
- First, you have to turn off the system and then press the F2 key immediately after restarting your device. The F2 key is for starting the boot.
- This will enable you to enter into the BIOS (Firmware) settings.
- Next, select the “Setup Defaults” or “Reset To Default” option for restoring the BIOS configuration.
- Restart the system and check for the Kernel Data Inpage Error Page. If still not sorted then move to the next procedure.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps you can easily resolve the Kernel Data Inpage Error in just a few minutes. You can also share your queries through the comment section.