iTunes application is one of the best audio players in the recent market. This software comes along with a Mac device and you can download and install it on the Windows device as well.
But, while trying to install the iTunes application, you may face an install error. A message appears “There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program…package vendor”.
There are a variety of reasons for the occurrence of this issue. If the Windows 10 Operating System is not up to date, then you might face this problem. Further, if there is a compatibility issue between the computer and the iTunes software, then a glitch can appear.
Further, if the iTunes setup file is not executed as an administrator, then you might encounter this problem. Thus, whatever be the problem you need to mitigate it at the earliest. So, we can help you with proficient solutions that can resolve the issue.
Easy Ways to Resolve iTunes Install Error Windows 10
In this section of the article, you will get has various methods that will help you to eradicate the installation error on the iTunes application.
Fix 1: Update the Windows 10 Operating System
If the Windows 10 OS is not up-to-date, then there is a chance that this error can come up. Now, to resolve this problem follow the steps underneath.
- First, press the ‘Windows and I’ keys altogether. A new window, ‘Windows Settings’ will come up.
- Inside that window, there are various categories. Locate and choose the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- A new page will come up, go to the left panel and choose the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Check for updates’ button. The Windows OS will automatically search for updates and install them.
- Once the download process of all the updates is over, click on the ‘Reboot Now’ button.
- At this time, the computer will restart and all the updates will be installed automatically.
- Finally, try to install the iTunes application and check whether this issue appears or not.
Fix 2: Download and Install the Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package
If the computer does not have the “Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package” installed, then you might encounter this issue. Now, the best solution to resolve this problem is to download and install it.
So, follow the steps underneath:
- First, open a web browser and then visit the official Microsoft website
- After that, in the search section of the website look for the file “Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1”.
- From the search results, choose that file and click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Next, put a checkmark on the Installer option that matches the architecture of the processor and tap on the ’Next’ button.
- Now, wait for the download process to complete and open the Setup Installer. Follow the on-screen instructions and accordingly install this file.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, restart the computer and see if this issue persists or not.
Fix 3: Delete Every Apple Products and Reinstall iTunes
Here, you will get the steps on how to remove the Apple applications installed within the computer one after the other.
- First, press on both the ‘Windows and R’ keys together. This will open up the Run dialog box.
- Inside that dialog box, type in the text “appwiz.cpl” beside the label ‘Open:’. After that, press the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you do that, ‘Programs and Features’ will come up. Within that window, there will be a list full of all the applications installed on this computer.
- Next, from that list, locate all the programs whose creator is Apple Inc.
- After that, choose a single program and uninstall it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Repeat the previous steps to remove all the associated applications from the system.
- Once all the Apple software is uninstalled, restart the computer to confirm the changes.
- At last, visit the official Apple website and download the latest version of the iTunes application and install it.
Fix 4: Install the iTunes in Compatibility Mode
If the iTunes install error is due to compatibility problems then follow these feasible solutions to get rid of the problem.
- First, locate and choose the setup file of the iTunes application. Next, right-click on it and from the popup menu choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- A new ‘Properties’ window will come up. Inside that window, go to the ‘Compatibility’ tab and select it.
- Under that tab, go to the section ‘Compatibility mode’ and put a checkmark next to the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Windows 7’ option and select the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ button respectively.
Fix 5: Execute the iTunes Setup File as Administrator
Sometimes, you can get this issue if the setup file of the iTunes software is not executed as the administrator. The best solution to resolve this problem from ever happening is to execute the iTunes setup file as administrator.
Here are the steps that you can follow on how to do it.
- First, press both the keys ‘Windows and S’ simultaneously to open the default search section on the Windows OS.
- Inside that search section, type in the following text “command prompt” and from the search result locate and click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- A popup menu will come up. Locate and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option. If a ‘User Account Control’ prompt comes up, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Now, a new window named ‘Command Prompt’ will come up.
- Inside that window, type the following command and press the ‘Enter’ button: “C:\Users\(Username)\Downloads\itunes6464.exe”, to find the location of the iTunes setup file.
- At last, attempt to install the iTunes software to resolve the problem permanently.
To fix the iTunes install error, all you need is to follow all the steps carefully and then apply them. Now, if you have any further queries then you can state that in the comment section.