iTunes error -50 appears when the iTunes application is unable to connect with the database or main server. Sometimes, it also appears while you are trying to download any video or audio file from the iTunes store.
This error prevents you from accessing the iTunes library and to sync data. Additionally, this issue may occur due to several other reasons like firewall settings, network problems, antivirus or malware protection.
Corrupted or damaged registry of the iTunes software also may lead to the error code 50. If you currently encountering the same error and unable to use the iTunes software, then you go through this article.
Here, you will get to learn the easiest hacks which can help you to get back the iTunes software in its proper working stage.
Easy Hacks to Fix iTunes Store Error -50
There are a few ways that you can apply to eradicate iTunes unknown error -50. You should perform the methods explained below:
Way 1: Fix iTunes Registry
If the registry files of the iTunes software get corrupted, then it can also trigger this error to appear. You can solve this error by fixing the registry files associated with the iTunes software.
How to Fix the Registry Files associated with iTunes Software?
- First of all, go to the Start menu and tap on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ category and go to the Recover tab.
- On the next page, click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
- Now, you should tap on the ‘Restart Now’ button.
- It will navigate you to the ‘Choose an option’ window. Tap on the Troubleshoot button.
- Afterward, click on the tap on the ‘Automated Repair’ option from the ‘Advanced option’ window.
- Now, you should log into the system and you will get the ‘Automatic Repair’ option.
At last, restart the computer and check if the iTunes error -50 still persists. Else, you should continue with the next solution stated below.
Way 2: Remove the Cached Videos from the System
At first, try is to delete the cached videos and download them again. Here are the steps you should perform:
Click on the Computer icon. Next, you have to navigate to the folder given below:
- For Windows 7/8/8.1: C:\Users\<Your User Name>\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\
- For Windows Vista: C:\Users\<Your User Name>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\
Now, select all the folder from the Download folder and right-click on them. Lastly, click on the Delete option by pressing the Shift key to delete the video permanently from the system.
After deleting the cached videos, if you see that the error still occurs, then you need to update the iTunes software to get rid of this error.
Way 3: Update iTunes
If the iTunes software you are using is corrupted or outdated, then you can also face the iTunes error -50. The older version of the application tends to create compatibility problems. You can easily solve this by updating the iTunes software.
How to Update the iTunes Software?
- Open the iTunes software. Click on the Help menu by pressing the Alt key from the keyboard.
- Now, choose the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- You should wait until all the updates are downloaded to your PC.
- Now, try to access the iTunes library to check if the issue is fixed. Otherwise, you should go to the next procedure.
Way 4: Reinstall iTunes
The next solution you can perform is to reinstall the iTunes software as it can help you to replace the problematic files.
How to Reinstall iTunes?
- First, go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall a Programs’ option from the Control Panel window.
- Search for the iTunes program by scrolling through the list of options.
- Select the application and right-click on it. Choose the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, restart the PC and visit the official website of Apple. Download the latest version of the iTunes program.
After that, you have to install the application by following the on-screen prompts. Finally, check if the issue has been fixed.
Here, in this article, we have discussed the most effective and simple procedures to get rid of the iTunes error -50. All the methods are easy to apply and you do not require any technical knowledge to proceed.
Hopefully, once you perform the above ways in their respective order, it will help you to solve this error. You can share your queries through the comment section.