You can face multiple Hulu error codes while Hulu fails to connect. Hulu connection errors can come with error codes like 3, 5, 500, 400 and so on.
Causes behind Hulu Connection Error
Several causes can lead to Hulu connection and buffering errors. The inability to connect to the server or poor internet can initiate this type of errors. Even hardware malfunction can cause this problem.
Distinguishing the reason can help you to get out of the situation quickly. Now, let’s continue with the fixes.
General Troubleshooting to Fix Hulu Connection Error
You can simply perform this basic troubleshooting to fix the Hulu connection errors.
- You can reboot the streaming device.
- Restart your router or modem. Or try to link to another network.
- Unplug your devices and let them rest for a while. Then again plugin the devices.
- Update the Hulu app. Or you can reinstall the app.
- Make sure that the streaming device has been updated recently.
How To Fix Hulu Connection Error With Code 3 and 5
You can fix these error codes by following the method given below.
- Turn down the streaming device.
- Wait for some time.
- Turn the device again.
- If the error persists, restart your modem or router.
- Wait for a while and again turn the connection on.
This fix can solve the Hulu connection error associated with error codes 3 and 5.
How To Fix Hulu Error 500
This error generally occurs when you are on the Hulu website to watch Hulu movies. The recovery technique is very simple.
Just refresh the page on your browser and the error should be gone. Or you can use a different computer. Or go for a different streaming device. Many users have reported that these helped them from recovering from the error.
A slow internet connection is also responsible for the Hulu error 500. Therefore, check if you have a slow connection while streaming on Hulu.
How to Fix Hulu Error 400
The error 400 basically occurs when your streaming device is incompatible with the Hulu app. A simple reinstall can help you to recover from this error. Here’s how you can do that.
- Uninstall the Hulu app and delete every content of the Hulu app from the device.
- Install the app again.
- Log in to the app.
Now, you can try streaming something.
If the error persists then remove the device from the list of the devices. Wait for some time and then again put your device on the list. Let’s check the steps.
- Open your default browser.
- Go to the official website of Hulu.
- Click on the account associated with your name.
- Enter all the credentials to log in.
- Look for Watch Hulu on Your Devices.
- Go for Manage Devices.
- Find out the device that is troubling you and remove it.
Now, add the device again to stream your favorite Hulu movies.
How To Fix Hulu Error Code 16
When Hulu is not available in your location, you may notice this error code 16. There are two fixes to resolve this error.
You can make a change in the VPN settings of your Android to enable the Hulu again.
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Network and Internet.
- Open VPN settings.
- If VPN is active then turn it off.
And there you go. Now, enjoy Hulu on your Android device.
You can disable the proxy settings on iOS devices for an uninterrupted Hulu streaming.
- Open Settings app on iOs devices.
- Go for Wi-fi.
- Tap the blue circle.
- Find out HTTP proxy and disable it.
Hence you can enjoy Hulu without the error codes.