How To Fix Google Play Services Error? [8 Wayouts]
If you see the “Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped” message on your phone, don’t panic. This is a random Google Play store related error. Mostly this occurs either due to software issues or network-related issues.
If you have just changed the settings on your phone, unknowingly then this error message can appear. But the perk of reading this article is that you can solve this problem all by yourself.
This can be a reason behind the collapse of the process. Therefore, whenever you note that Google Play Services has stopped responding then its time to fix the problem.
The exact reason for such service failures is not known yet. But this article will help you grasp on 10 solutions to resolve the Google Play Services errors.
Easy Methods to Solve Google Play Services Update Issue
Here are the easy steps that will help you to track the error and will enable you to fix the issue with one of these mentioned methods.
Method 1: Restart the Device
This is the easiest procedure that you can go for. Turning off your device and again restarting it, will help you to fix most of the Play Store issues.
- For starting your Android Phone, you have to hold down the Power button until the shutdown option appears on the screen.
- Then, tap on the Power Down icon
- When the device will be completely turned off, then start it again by holding the Power button.
- Lastly, you have to open the Google Play Store and check if the issue is solved.
Method 2: Update the Google Services
Sometimes an outdated version of Google Play or the Google Service Framework can be responsible for “Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped” error message.
Thus, you should always check whether updates for the Google Play Store are available or not. If found then updates them immediately.
- First, go to the Google Play Store.
- Then, click the “Menu” button on the Play Store menu.
- Next, go to the “My apps and games” option. There you will find a list of the apps that have pending updates.
- Download the latest version of the Google Service framework and choose the version.
- The last step is to restart the device and then navigate to the Play Store again.
Method 3: Change the Data Setting
If there is an unstable internet connection, then you will come across the Google Play services update error. In such cases, you can just change your current data connection or you can simply change it to another wireless network.
If you are currently using mobile data, you can change that to a Wi-Fi network and check if that fixes the problem.
Method 4: Set the Correct Time And Date
Google Play Services may fail to function accurately if the date and time are not set accurately. If you follow the below-mentioned steps then you can reconfigure the date and time.
- Go to the settings of your device and then choose the System option.
- Select “Date and Time” from the Menu.
- Then, go for the “Automatic date and Time” option. Otherwise, check if you have picked up the right time and date.
- If you are still facing the same trouble, you can try the manual process by just disabling the Automatic option. Finally, tap on the Set Time option.
- Lastly, restart your device and then again check the Play Store for the error.
Method 5: Clear the Caches and Google Play Services Data
Clearing the caches from the apps that are installed on your phone can resolve this “Google Play Services Error” issue. To remove the data, you can simply follow these steps.
- At first, go to the Settings option on the phone. Then, select the “Apps & Notifications” option.
- Then, go to the “See All X Apps” and then search for the Google Play Store option.
- On the app’s page, you will find the Storage option, go for the Clear Storage or Clear Data option.
- Next, you need to apply the same process for Google Play Services. Next, you have to select the Menu button and select the Show System option.
- Finally, restart your phone to check the occurrence of the problem.
Method 6: Get Back the Previous Version of Google Play Store
Reverting to the older version of the Google Play Store can fix the issues. Simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- You have to first go to the Settings on your phone and then select “Apps & Notifications”.
- Then, select the “See all X Apps” and then search for the “Google Play Store” app in the list below.
- You have to disable the option from the following menu. And disabling the system apps, do not uninstall them. It will help you to get back the previous version of the apps that are installed on the phone.
If this method fails to help you then you can remove the Google Account and add it back again.
Method 7: Remove and Re-Add the Google Account
Sometimes an android device fails to add an accurate user’s account. If this is the problem, removing and re-adding the account will easily fix the Google Play Services Error.
To implement this procedure you have to follow these steps.
- First, go to the Settings and tap on Accounts.
- Then, select the Google account you want to delete and tap on “Remove Account”.
- You should keep a backup and everything synced so that you don’t lose the critical data.
- Next, re-add the Google account that you have removed from your device and then check if the Play Store is working again.
Method 8: Factory Reset the Device
A Factory reset can help you to get back the original versions of the Play Store and other apps. This will resolve the Google Play services update error issues. And for that, you have to follow these steps.
- First, go to the Settings and select the System option.
- Then, tap on the Advanced option and choose the Reset options.
- Next, select the “Erase all data(factory reset)” option.
- Choose “Erase everything” and set the device anew.
These are some easy methods that will help you to fix the Google Play services update error in no time. Don’t forget to leave a comment and mention if you have any queries regarding this issue.