6 Fixes For Error code 0x800701e3 On Windows 10
Are you suffering from any problems during the Windows 10 Upgrade? Is your Windows 10 system showing the error 0x800701e3 on the screen while the upgrade fails?.
Mainly the ‘disk’ part of the upgrade process leads to this error code on the screen. The reason for this error can also be insufficient for the storage of the system.
When you encounter this error code, you will get an error message on the screen reading:
Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x800701e3
How to Fix Error Code 0x800701e3
Before going to the solutions, you need to simply restart the device. Sometimes, restarting the device can fix several problems that you encounter including this one. So, it’s worth a try.
After restarting the computer, check if the error code still appears or not. If yes, then you can try performing the fixes below.
Method 1 – Reset Windows Update Components
One of the easy ways in which you can fix this error code is by resetting the Windows update components.
It helps you to remove the files from Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders. To solve this error, it is important to remove all the old Windows update files. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- Type the following commands one by one net stop bits, net stop wuauserv, net stop appidsvc, and net stop cryptsvc and then hit the Enter button after typing each.
- After stopping these services, you need to delete some files. To do that, type the command:
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat” and then press the Enter button.
- Once these files are removed, you should restart all the stopped services. To do this, type the following one by one net start bits, net start wuauserv, net start appidsvc, and net start cryptsvc and then press the Enter button after typing each.
- Once you are done, close the Command Prompt window and restart your computer.
Method 2 – Run DISM Tool
Running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool can solve many problems that you encounter on your PC. This is a powerful tool on Windows. To run this tool, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key together to launch the WinX menu list and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the Command Prompt window, type the following commands and then hit the Enter button after typing each.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Once these commands are executed, reboot your system and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 3 – Run the System File Checker Tool
Corrupted system files can also cause the Windows upgrade error code 0x800701e3 on your computer. So, you need to run a full scan of your PC. Go through these steps:
- Launch the Command Promot window and type SFC/scannow.
- Then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- It will take a few minutes to finish the scanning process. Once the scanning process is complete, restart your Windows 10 device.
Method 4 – Repair Hard Drive
Errors in the hard drive can prevent the system from upgrading and pop-up the error code 0x800701e3. So, you should repair the hard drive to fix this problem by following these directions:
- First of all, open the Command Prompt window.
- Once you are in the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk C: /f /r /x and then press the Enter button.
- After the scan completes, reboot the Windows 10 system and then check if the error code still shows up or not.
Method 5 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is an also inbuilt tool for the Windows system. With the help of this tool, you can quickly get rid of the error 0x800701e3 from the device. If you do not know how to run this tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Win + I keys together to launch the Settings window.
- Go to the Update & Security section and select the Troubleshoot tab.
- From the Troubleshoot tab, scroll down the page and locate the Windows Update section, select it. Here, you will see the Run the Troubleshooter button, click on it.
- Once the troubleshooting process completes, reboot your machine and then try to install the system.
Method 6 – Restart the Windows Update Service
If the above methods do not work out in fixing this error 0x800701e3, then you need to restart the Windows update service which can fix this error. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- On the Services window, scroll down the page and find Windows Update, right-click on it. Here, choose the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, set the Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu list.
- After performing these steps, click on the Apply button followed by the OK option.