Discord is a reliable application that provides gamers with both voice and text chat. Apart from that, it is known for working on both phone and desktop. With its extensive features, it also has some technical glitches. “Discord RTC connecting no route” error is one of them.
While trying to connect to a voice channel on a Discord server, you may notice the No route error on the device. As a result, you will be unable to connect.
This error may appear due to several reasons. A poor internet connection being the primary reason behind this error.
If you are also facing the same situation then read this post thoroughly. Here you will learn various techniques to eliminate this error. So, go through and apply them correctly as provided.
Possible Causes for Discord RTC Connecting No Route Error
Below we are going to list some of the possible causes for this error.
- The system’s default IP address is changed
- Security software
- The Voice region of the server is incompatible
- Using a VPN.
Now, it is important to eliminate the no route error on Discord. In the section below, you will get all the fixes to overcome this situation.
Discord RTC Connecting No Route: Effective Techniques to Try
Here are some of the effective and useful techniques that will help you get rid of the No route error on Discord. Let’s take a look at them.
Technique 1 – Change the Address of DNS Server
One of the most reliable techniques to fix the “Discord RTC connecting no route” is changing the DNS server address. To do that, follow the steps given below.
- Press the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, locate and double-click on the Network and Internet section and select the Network and Sharing Center option.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, right-click on the connection that you are using and select the Properties button from the list.
- From the Properties window, find the Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) option under ‘this connection uses the following items’ and double-click on it.
- In the Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) Properties window, put a checkmark on the Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Next type the following address in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server.
Preferred DNS server- 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server- 8.84.4
- Once it is done, reboot your computer and then check if the error still persists or not.
Technique 2 – Flush the DNS
Another effective technique is to flush the DNS. To know more about it, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key together to launch the Winx menu list and choose Command Prompt(Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following commands one by one ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flush DNS and IP-config /renew and then hit the Enter button after typing each command.
- Once these commands are executed, reboot your computer and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Technique 3 – Turn Off Windows Firewall
This error can be caused by an enabled Windows Firewall. So, you should turn it off by following these steps.
- At first, go to the Control Panel section.
- Find the Windows Firewall section, select it.
- From the Windows Firewall section, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button on the left panel.
- On the right, tick on the Turn Off Windows Firewall option for both ‘Private Network Settings’ and ‘Public Network Settings’ sections. Then click on the Ok button to save the changes.
- After following these steps, reboot the machine and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Technique 4 – Uninstall the Security Software
Security software is often the reason behind this ‘Discord RTC connecting no route’ error on the device. So, you should remove your security software at the earliest. Follow these directions:
- Press the Windows Home button and choose the Settings option.
- In the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section.
- On the left panel, select the Apps and Features tab.
- From the Apps and Features tab, scroll down the page and find the third-party security software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall button to begin the removal process.
- Once the removal process is complete, restart your computer and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Technique 5 – Disable the Quality of Service from Voice & Video Settings
According to some users, disabling the Quality of Service settings can resolve the ‘Discord RTC connecting no route’ error from the device. Go through these steps:
- At first, launch Discord and click on the gear icon.
- Choose the Settings option and select the Voice and Video button.
- Then go to the Quality of Service tab, find the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority option and then move the toggle from on to off to Disable it.
- Once it is turned off, relaunch Discord and check if it works properly without any error.
Technique 6 – Turn Off the VPN from your Computer
Disabling the VPN from the system can eliminate this problem on your PC. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Launch the Control Panel window from the Start menu list.
- From the Control Panel window, select the Network and Sharing Center section
- Click on the Change Adapter settings option on the left panel to open the Network Connections window.
- In the Network Connections window, you will see the VPN connections list.
- Right-click on the VPN service that you want to disable and choose the Disable button.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart your Windows system.
Technique 7 – Check the Internet Connection
Sometimes, if there is a problem with the internet connection, you may see the ‘Discord RTC connecting no route’ error on the system. So, you need to check whether the internet connection is working properly or not.
If you are using the WiFi, then you need to restart the router. Sometimes, restarting the router can fix this problem that you have encountered on the system. To do that,
- Press the Power button to switch off the Router.
- Disconnect all the cables from the router as well as the power supply.
- You need to wait for a few seconds and then connect all the cables to the router and the power supply.
- After that, switch on the router by pressing the Power button.
If you are using an Ethernet cable, then unplug it from the system and wait for some time. After that, connect it and restart the system. Once done, check if the problem gets solved or not.
Technique 8 – Turn Off the IPV6
The ‘Discord RTC connecting no route’ error appears when there is an IPV6 related problem on the network. To eliminate this problem, you can try disabling the IPV6. The following steps will help you.
- Open the Control Panel and go to the Network and Sharing Center section.
- From the Network and Sharing Center window, select the Change Adapter Settings button on the left panel.
- Right-click on the network that you are using and choose the Properties option from that list.
- When the Properties window opens, move to the General tab and unmark the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPV6) option.
- After that, click on the OK option to save the changes.
We hope the above techniques would help you to resolve the ‘Discord RTC connecting no route’ error. Try to perform the fixes accordingly and resolve the issue on your computer. You can mention in the comments below how these fixes were of use to you.