Once, the error arises on the device, users are unable to explore the outstanding communication features of Discord. Most of them confront this situation when they are attempting to install the updated version of Discord.
If you are currently facing the same error, no need to be worried about. Here, in this post, you will get all the necessary information regarding the Discord error along with some potential hacks to mitigate the matter.
Therefore, we suggest you check out this entire post and try to follow all the below-mentioned instructions. It will help you to remove the particular Discord issue in no time.
Procedure 1: Stop the Discord Process
- Press the combination of the Windows logo + S key. Then, write “Task Manager” into the Search box and hit the Enter key to run the command.
- Once the Task Manager window opens, move the cursor to the Processor tab and locate the Discord application.
- When you find the Discord icon, right-click on it and choose the ‘End Task” option from the appeared menu.
- Confirm the process by tapping on the OK button twice.
Procedure 2: Eliminate the Discord Files in AppData & LocalAppData
After ending the Discord process, now it’s time to eliminate the Discord files. We hope, after eliminating the Discord files, you will be able to resolve the Discord error. To eliminate the Discord flies, follow the undermentioned steps.
Press the Windows logo key along with the R key at the same time. Now, you will find the Run window on the screen. Here, inside the Run dialog box, write “%appdata%” and hit the Enter key to execute the command.
After executing the above-discussed command, you will find the Windows Explorer window appearing on the screen. Now, under the Windows Explorer windows, locate the Discord folder. Once you find the folder, right-click on it and choose the “Remove/Delete” button from the appeared menu to eliminate the Discord folder.
Now, you require to invoke the Run window once again. To open the Run window you can follow the above steps. Once the Run window opens, type “%localappdata%” and hit the Enter button to perform the command.
Here, you will find a list where you need to find the Discord folder. After finding the Discord folder, right-click on it and choose the Clear option to remove it.
These are the steps by using which you can eliminate the Discord files in AppData and LocalAppData. In case, even after clearing the Discord file, the error still appears, then proceed to the next method. Choose a fix that is strong enough to resolve such kind of Discord app-related errors.
Procedure 3: Try Whitelisting the Discord Files in Antivirus
A majority of users encountered a situation, where their security program quarantined some of the installed files. These were quite essential to complete the update or installation process.
Therefore, if you face the Discord error due to this reason, try to locate the Discord file and white list it to complete the update or installation process. To perform this task, you have to follow the underlying dedicated steps.
- Open the Run Window and type “Control Panel”. Hit the Enter key to execute the command.
- This will initiate the Control Panel window. Under this window, locate and double-tap on the Windows Firewall.
- Now, go to the “Exceptions” tab and place a tick mark next to the application you require to allow.
- If you want to allow a new application, choose “Add Programs” and select the Program you want to allow. Next, hit the OK button to save the new settings.
Procedure 4: Update the Discord Application
- Initiate the Run window by following the above-discussed methods. When the Run dialog box opens, write “%LocalAppData%” and tap on the OK button to launch the command.
- After running the command, you will find the “Local” folder. Under this folder, you have to find the Discord folder and launch it.
- Now, go to the next window and locate “Update.exe”. Once you locate it, right-click on it and choose “Rename” from the appeared menu.
- Here, you can set the name as Update1.exe, UpdateX.exe or anything else. When you are done, invoke the Discord again and attempt to install the update.
Reboot the device when the process is over. In case, after updating the Discord app, if you still find the same error, then go for the next step.
Procedure 5: Reinstall the Discord App
Reinstalling the Discord app can be another way that you can try. Follow the underlying steps to reinstall the Discord app.
Initiate the Run window, type “control” and tap on the OK button to execute the command. Now, you will find the Control Panel option at the top of the search result. Therefore, right-click on the top search result to invoke the Control Panel window.
When the Control Panel window invokes, locate and choose the “Programs and Features” option. Under this section, find the Discord Application and hit the “Uninstall” button from the appeared menu to remove it from your device.
Once the application is removed from your device, reboot your device. Visit the official website of the Discord and look for the newest compatible version. After that, download and install it on your device by following the on-screen instruction.
After performing all the above steps, if the Discord error remains, there’s another additional method that you can try. In this procedure, we suggest you update the device driver. Updating the device driver not only resolves the Discord error but, also gives you smooth gaming experience.
- Open the Start menu by tapping the Start icon.
- Write “Device Manager” into the Search dialog box.
- After that, hit the Enter key to initiate the Device Manager.
- Under the Device Manager window, right-click on the outdated/corrupted device.
- Now, choose the “Update Driver” option from the queue window.
- Thereafter, click “Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software”.
- If updates are available, then hit the “Install Update” button from the context menu.
After installing the updates, reboot your device to save the recent modification.
Further, if you have any doubts or queries regarding the Discord error, feel free to share them in the feedback section below.